Vice President - Corporate Communications at Veeva
| Greater NYC Area
Sorry, this job was removed at 8:11 a.m. (EST) on Tuesday, May 4, 2021
Veeva is a mission-driven organization that aspires to help our customers in Life Sciences and Regulated industries bring their products to market, faster. We are shaped by our values: Do the Right Thing, Customer Success, Employee Success, and Speed. Our teams develop transformative cloud software, services, consulting, and data to make our customers more efficient and effective in everything they do. Veeva is a work anywhere company. There are options for working from home, at a customer site, or in an office on any given day. As a Public Benefit Corporation, you will also work for a company focused on making a positive impact on its customers, employees, and communities.
The VP of Corporate Communications is responsible for driving all aspects of Veeva’s internal and external messaging. You're an exceptional storyteller with a strong foundation in building narratives. This role acts as the communications champion in educating the global marketing organization on crafting compelling content that will elevate the Veeva brand. You’ll create training, templates, and guidelines and work collaboratively across programs and regions. We will look to you to ensure we are gaining the most leverage from content that is being produced and sharing learnings across teams.
In this highly cross-functional role, you are also engaging directly with executives and across the organization to ensure Veeva’s voice, messaging, and content aligns. You own our public relations strategy while also having your own strong relationships with the media. This position will require someone with innate curiosity who will be eager to learn the ins-and-outs of our business, products, and go-to-market strategies and identify creative ways to raise the visibility of Veeva. This role reports directly to the Chief Marketing Officer and will be responsible for developing, mentoring, and building a strong in-house PR team.
What You'll Do
- Manage all external corporate communications, executive communications, and corporate media relations
- Quickly understand the strategic short-and-long-term goals of the business; turn that knowledge into clear and compelling communications
- Lead executive communications; oversee media training, interview preparation, customer/investor presentations, and speeches
- Develop creative story angles and consistently secure coverage in print, broadcast, and online media outlets
- Elevate and refine communication efforts to further establish our position in the industry. Actively pitch and position Veeva as a thought-leader in an effort to increase brand awareness and differentiation in the marketplace
- Develop a media strategy that aligns with our vision, values, and growth trajectory.
- Manage an external PR agency and an in-house Communications team
- 15+ years of experience creating content and/or producing campaigns, 7+ years for a global technology company
- Experience working in both agency and corporate environments
- Strong media contacts and relationships
- Excellent writing and storytelling ability, strong attention to detail, and superb verbal communication skills
- Proven experience developing media plans from concept to placement
- Ability to meet deadlines without sacrificing quality
- Hands-on leader who is willing to roll up their sleeves and do what it takes to get the job done
- Experience building (or participating in the creation of) a content management program
Veeva’s headquarters is located in the San Francisco Bay Area with offices in more than 15 countries around the world.
Veeva is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, national origin or ancestry, age, disability, marital status, pregnancy, protected veteran status, protected genetic information, political affiliation, or any other characteristics protected by local laws, regulations, or ordinances.