Vice President, Global Brand & Strategic Marketing at Peloton
ABOUT THE ROLE
The Peloton brand is one of the most special brands in the world. The brand is known for inspiring people to be the best versions of themselves anywhere, anytime. Our mission is to use technology and design to connect the world through fitness, empowering people to be the best version of themselves anywhere, anytime. Peloton’s values inform everything we do, from product strategy, to hiring, to decision-making.
Put Members First - Design with a user-centered mindset. Obsess over every touchpoint of the member experience.
Operate with a Bias for Action - Challenge the status quo by continuously innovating and improving. Take risks, fail fast and learn from past failures.
Empower Teams of Smart Creatives - Hire the best and get out of the way. Think and act like owners. Stay lean, scrappy and creative.
Together We Go Far - Build a diverse and inclusive community. Uphold the obligationn to dissent and listen. Presume trust and be transparent.
The Vice President, Global Brand & Strategic Marketing manages a team and collaborates closely with a broad set of internal and external partners that collectively develops and oversees global brand strategies and campaigns that deliver against Peloton’s strategic priorities.
The position reports to Peloton’s SVP, Head of Global Marketing & Communications.
- Position Peloton’s global brand to drive impactful outcomes that deliver against our brand, product & business objectives, driving preference for Peloton and increasing demand for Peloton’s products.
- Drive Peloton’s brand strategy and expression across all marketing campaigns and touch-points, including naming and positioning.
- Oversee the strategy and development of brand campaigns and moments.
- Lead evolution of Peloton brand to drive growth and international expansion.
- Partner with the Creative team on the strategy and execution of branding for physical and digital commerce.
- Oversee the Strategic Marketing team and the development of marketing programs and partnerships that tell the Peloton story in exciting new ways through sports, music, entertainment, and more.
- Enable success of strategic marketing programs by designing a global growth strategy, and creating an efficient and effective operating environment.
- Oversee brand governance, operations and planning functions for local marketing, retail marketing, studio marketing, and social impact and cultural marketing.
- Significant (15+ years) work experience in brand strategy, planning and marketing in global B2C organizations
- Track record of thought leadership and vision around brand strategy and evolution– balancing vision, creativity and business outcomes
- Track record of delivering measurable outcomes for multinational organizations
- Ability to inspire peak performance of direct teams and internal partners
- Proven ability to manage and lead teams toward common goals. Highly collaborative, a great listener, and able to work across regions and geographies with peers and executive teams to drive action and results.
- Excellent interpersonal and relationship management/building skills
- Outstanding communication skills across all audiences
- Global mindset; experience working across multiple geographies a plus
- Thirst for ongoing learning and adaptation; curiosity and openness to new ideas and diverse points of view
- Ability to operate at both a strategic and execution level; ideate and directly execute
- Positive outlook, curious, desire to learn and grow and team player.
The role is preferably based in New York City with some flexibility for the right candidate.
Peloton is the largest interactive fitness platform in the world with a loyal community of more than 2.6 million Members. The company pioneered connected, technology-enabled fitness, and the streaming of immersive, instructor-led boutique classes for its Members anytime, anywhere. Peloton makes fitness entertaining, approachable, effective, and convenient, while fostering social connections that encourage its Members to be the best versions of themselves. An innovator at the nexus of fitness, technology, and media, Peloton has reinvented the fitness industry by developing a first-of-its-kind subscription platform that seamlessly combines the best equipment, proprietary networked software, and world-class streaming digital fitness and wellness content, creating a product that its Members love. The brand's immersive content is accessible through the Peloton Bike, Peloton Tread, and Peloton App, which allows access to a full slate of fitness classes across disciplines, on any iOS or Android device, Fire TV, Roku, Chromecast and Android TV. Founded in 2012 and headquartered in New York City, Peloton has a growing number of retail showrooms across the US, UK, Canada and Germany. For more information, visit www.onepeloton.com.