Grubhub is a place where authentically fun culture meets innovation and teamwork. We believe in empowering people and opening doors for new opportunities. If you're looking for a place that values strong relationships, embraces diverse ideas-all while bringing meaningful impact to our customers-Grubhub is the place for you!
The Impact You Will Make
As the VP, Local Market Growth, you will be responsible for defining our market entry and growth strategies, developing and executing growth plans, and partnering with cross-functional leadership to make decisions on how we execute and continue to optimize growth and performance in key markets. You will be responsible for identifying and assessing strategic growth opportunities and driving key insights. This role is a critical resource in leading and managing strategic market growth initiatives to ensure long term success and growth in our top priority markets.
More specifically, you will be responsible for:
- Develop a go-to-market plan to drive market growth in our top priority markets, encompassing both customer acquisition and retention marketing.
- Own the development and delivery of market assessments, go- to-market strategy formulation and execution plans to support the entry into and growth in new markets
- Obsessively track results, defining business critical growth KPIs and pivoting strategy in response to market trends and results
- Develop local playbook to scale to new high priority markets, applying the lessons learned and scaling growth tactics
- Lead cross functional efforts on initiatives to drive alignment on priorities, goals and plans to implement market growth strategies and execution
- Focus on NYC metro region as a first top priority market, building out a local growth playbook to scale to other cities
- Providing thought leadership and strategic insight to your team and guide the prioritization of different initiatives
- Establishing objectives and performance standards to encourage employee growth and development
What You Bring to the Table
The ideal candidate will have 15+ years of marketing and leadership experience. Additional qualifications include:
- 10+ years of experience in acquisition or retention marketing, as well as local marketing in key markets
- 7+ years of leadership/management experience
- Proven experience in managing multiple functions in a fast paced, changing environment
- Deep financial management and analytical skills. You will be overseeing a large marketing budget and must be able to demonstrate a strong ability to optimize spend based on performance
- Strategic, analytical and creative thinker
- Strong leadership and communication skills to drive recommendations, articulate trade-offs and communicate plans to senior leadership
- An entrepreneurial mindset with the rigor and discipline to build the business and creative competencies that will allow Grubhub to continue to stand out in the market.
- Bachelor's Degree in marketing, engineering or business is required. MBA is preferred.
And Of Course, Perks!
- Flexible PTO. Grubhub employees enjoy a generous amount of time to recharge.
- Health and Wellness. Excellent medical benefits, employee network groups and paid parental leave are just a few of our programs to support your overall well-being.
- Competitive Pay. You'll receive a competitive base salary with eligibility for generous incentives, bonuses, commission or RSUs (role-specific).
- Learning and Career Growth. Your personal and professional development is a priority at Grubhub. We empower you to be a leader and grow your career through training, coaching and mentorship opportunities.
- MealPerks. Get meals on us! Our employees get a weekly Grubhub credit to enjoy and support local restaurants.
- Fun. Every Grubhub office has an employee-led Culture Crew that connects people through fun, meaningful events and initiatives like Wellness Wednesdays, Slack competitions and virtual happy hours!
- Social Impact. At Grubhub we believe in giving back through programs like the Grubhub Community Relief Fund and donating $1 million to the Equal Justice Initiative in 2020. Employees are also given paid time off each year to support the causes that are important to them.
Vaccination Requirement: Grubhub employees are required to be fully vaccinated, and must be able to show proof of full-Covid-19 vaccination, and booster if eligible, prior to starting employment. Fully vaccinated is defined as: "2 weeks have passed since your second dose in a 2-dose series, such as the Pfizer or Moderna vaccines, or 2 weeks after a single-dose vaccine, such as Johnson & Johnson's vaccine." Those eligible to receive the booster must receive the booster to be considered fully vaccinated, and those not yet eligible will be required to obtain the booster once eligible (6 months post last dose).
Grubhub is an equal opportunity employer. We welcome diversity and encourage a workplace that is just as diverse as the customers we serve. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other legally protected characteristics. If you're applying for a job in the U.S. and need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please send an email to [email protected] and let us know the nature of your request and contact information. Please note that only those inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this email address.
CA Privacy Notice: If you are a resident of the State of California and would like a copy of our CA privacy notice, please email [email protected]