Video Marketing Manager at DigitalOcean
Based in New York, DigitalOcean is a dynamic, high-growth technology company that serves a robust and passionate community of developers, teams, and businesses around the world. We believe that today’s entrepreneurs are changing the world through software. Our mission is to empower these entrepreneurs by bringing modern app development within reach for any developer, anywhere in the world.
We want people who are passionate about creating and sharing content that engages our community.
Reporting to the Senior Communications Manager the Video Marketing Manager will be accountable for the strategy, production, and distribution of all DigitalOcean video content. As the leader of our video marketing program, this role creates and leverages interviews, testimonials, demos, and other storytelling styles in video format to inform, educate, and inspire our developer and business audiences.
The right candidate will have experience in content and video strategy combined with a strong marketing background. They will be able to think cross-functionally to create the right content for the right audience via the right distribution channels. They will also have the ability to manage and prioritize demands from stakeholders within the marketing department and beyond.What You’ll Be Doing:
- Creating a video marketing project plan that aligns with organizational content marketing goals.
- Supervising and managing the production of video content.
- Using freelancers, contractors, and agencies for video execution.
- Managing the production (shooting, editing, uploading, adding effects) of promotional video content for use in conveying the benefits of using DigitalOcean products.
- Collecting and leveraging interviews, testimonials, demos, and other storytelling styles to meet the needs of the target audience.
- Strategically examining available platforms and apps to ensure video content is being widely distributed.
- Optimizing videos for search engines using keyword-enriched descriptions and tags.
- Experience in content and video strategy, especially tying content marketing goals to overall marketing goals.
- Demonstrated ability to create compelling visual stories that align with organizational goals.
- Strong experience in video production and management.
- Ability to drive traffic to video content from search engines and optimize videos for YouTube and Vimeo search.
- Ability to identify trends and adjust strategy using analytical and quantitative problem solving.
- We have amazing people. We can promise you will work with some of the smartest and most interesting people in the industry. We work hard but we always have fun doing it. We care deeply about each other and take our “no jerks” rule very seriously.
- We value development. We are a high-performance organization that is always challenging ourselves to continuously grow. That means we maintain a growth mindset in everything we do and invest deeply in employee development. You’ll need to be great to get hired here and we promise you’ll get even better.
- We care about you. We offer competitive health, dental, and vision benefits for employees and their dependents, a monthly gym reimbursement to support your physical health, and a monthly commute allowance to make your trips to and from work easier.
- We invest in your future. We offer competitive compensation and a 401k plan with up to a 4% employer match. We also provide all employees with Kindles and reimbursement for relevant conferences, training, and education.
- We want you to love where you work. We have great office spaces located in the heart of SoHo NYC and Cambridge and offer daily catered lunches to keep your hunger at bay. We’re also very remote-friendly—we use Slack to communicate across the company—and all remote employees have the opportunity to onboard in-office and take an all-expenses paid trip to our annual company offsite, Shark Week, to get quality in-person time with the team at least once a year. We also allow employees to customize their workstations to meet their needs—whether remote or in office.
- We value diversity and inclusivity. We are an equal opportunity employer and we do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Want to learn more about our Marketing team? Clickhere!
Want an inside look into life at DO? Clickhere to hear from our employees!