Visual Communications Manager at Better
Better is redefining homeownership and making it simpler, faster—and most importantly—more accessible for everyone. We leverage creative technology and innovation to make the homebuying journey more approachable and understandable. Here are some interesting facts to help you get to know Better:
- Right now we’re funding over $3 billion in home loans per month
- We’ve funded over $14 billion in loans and $3.5 billion in insurance
- We ranked #1 in the U.S. on LinkedIn's Top Startups 2020
- We ranked #11 on Fortune’s Best Places to Work in Financial Services 2020
- Our Founder and CEO was named in Comparably's Top 25 CEOs for Diversity
- We were listed to Forbes’ FinTech 50 2020
- And #15 on the 2020 CNBC Disruptor 50
- We’ve secured over $254 million from our investors to date
Our company is made up of driven, passionate people who bring their unique backgrounds and perspectives to everything we do. We are committed to fostering diversity, multiculturalism, and inclusion. We encourage individual potential rather than years of experience. We see the value in each person’s perspective, and recognize their talents, regardless of what the market says. We believe it’s important to nurture a company culture that encourages curiosity and passion—from employee resource groups and learning opportunities to team outings and community outreach.
A Better opportunity:
Better is seeking a Visual Communications Manager with a background in graphic design and corporate communications. This creative and analytical thinker will help create and execute internal storytelling using graphic design and data. Developing and implementing a cohesive visual identity, this person will aid the product, design, and engineering organization to graphically represent their messaging. This person will also serve as a partner to our leadership teams and will support company wide communications and all-staff virtual meetings. The ideal candidate is a visual storyteller who loves story telling, leaning about new industries, and has a keen eye for data insights. They will identify opportunities to leverage visual communications design for storytelling through digital and traditional channels including infographics, videos, and other creative assets. And, will be comfortable presenting ideas to senior level stakeholders, receptive of feedback and quick to apply changes.
Responsibilities will include:
- Manage all aspects of our product, design, and engineering team’s visual storytelling initiatives while serving as a partner to cross-functional teams and leadership
- Identify opportunities to leverage visual communications utilizing digital and traditional channels including infographics, videos,and other creative assets
- Overseeing all visual communications design projects including: vertical specific graphics and PowerPoint presentations for senior leadership
- Serve as a partner to our leadership teams and will support company wide communications and all-staff virtual meetings
- Research and identify the appropriate KPIs and ROI metrics for visual communications efforts
- Create and share reports with metrics to measure effectiveness and ROI
- Produce strategically aligned, high impact communications content. Examples of work includes but is not limited to: strategy decks, newsletters, memos, board reports
- Develop and maintain a strong understanding of our product, strategic goals, initiatives, and the organizational structure of the company
- Bachelor's degree in graphic design, related field or equivalent work experience
- 4-7 years of relevant work experience in visual communications design
- Extensive experience developing a cohesive brand identity for an organization
- Proficiency in digital marketing best practices
- Experience communicating effectively both written and oral; demonstrated ability to develop and deliver relevant and appropriate communications and able to tailor messages, key information to various audiences
- Keeps up-to-date with current developments within the company
- Proficiency in website design, WordPress, Adobe Creative Suite and other visual communications design software
- Thorough understanding of web analytics for content optimization
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, with an appropriate blend of professionalism and friendliness
- Proven analytical and quantitative skills; ability to use hard data and metrics to back up assumptions and develop business cases
- Demonstrated ability to meet tight deadlines, multi-task, and prioritize
- Excellent organizational skills and follow-through, both internally and externally
- Strong interpersonal, relationship building, and consulting skills
The Better mission is rooted in values that drive us.
- We do what’s in the best interest of the consumer, not ourselves
- We have growth mindsets, not fixed ones
- We believe that success lies in execution, not credentials
- We act like owners, not just employees
- We work to find answers on our own, not wait for them to be given to us
- We optimize for mission, not ego
Our mission speaks for itself—we continue to outpace the industry at every turn. We’ve joined forces in partnership with Ally Bank, and our backers have helped build some of the most transformative tech and finance companies in history. Kleiner Perkins, Goldman Sachs, American Express, Citigroup, Activant Capital, Ally Bank, and others have invested in our vision for what homeownership can be.
Better Benefits & Compensation
Our total rewards package consists of base salary, equity, benefits, and opportunity for yearly cash bonus. Some of our benefits include:
- Comprehensive healthcare, retirement, and voluntary benefits. Think medical, dental, vision, savings accounts, 401k, and more.
- Personalized care and tools for realizing your mental health and wellness goals
- Robust wellbeing offerings that allow you unlimited access to virtual fitness, meditation, yoga, cooking classes, homeschooling preparedness, physical therapy, and more.
- Unlimited time off (with manager approval)
- 12 weeks of paid parental leave after 90 days of employment, and 20 weeks after 24 months of service.
- Inclusive fertility benefits for you or your eligible dependents, regardless of participation in a Better medical plan.
Better is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion or religious creed, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, marital status, family or parental status, disability, military or veteran status, or any other basis protected by law. If you require further accommodations or have questions regarding accessibility of our roles, please reach out to [email protected]. All employment decisions at Better are based on a person’s merit, business needs, and role requirements.