VP, Corporate Communications at Braze
WHO WE ARE
Braze delivers customer experiences across email, mobile, SMS, and web. Customers, including Burger King, Delivery Hero, HBO Max, Mercari, and Venmo, use the Braze platform to facilitate real-time experiences between brands and consumers in a more authentic and human way. And we do it at scale – each month, hundreds of billions of messages are sent to a network of over 3 billion active users through Braze.
Need more proof? Braze was named a Leader in the Forrester Wave™: Cross-Channel Campaign Management (Independent Platforms), Q3 2021, and was named to the Forbes Cloud 100 list for the fourth consecutive year. The company has also been selected as one of Fortune’s Best Workplace for Millennials in 2021, and was ranked #20 on Fortune’s Best Medium Sized Workplaces in 2021. Braze is certified as a Great Place to Work in the UK and the U.S. and is recognized as one of the UK's Best Workplaces for Women.
WHAT WE’RE LOOKING FOR
We’re looking for an experienced leader to grow our communications function and further our mission of forging human connections between consumers and the brands they love through relevant and memorable experiences. This role is critical to increasing Braze’s brand awareness and supporting the needs of a high-growth company.
Braze has built out its Communications Team over the past two years, which now includes six full-time employees and two PR agencies based in the UK and the U.S. In addition to standard PR and social media programs, the team also oversees our consumer research and works closely with our People team on employee engagement and internal communications. This person will report to the CMO and be responsible for the strategy and execution of a global communications program that spans APAC, EMEA, and North America, and multiple audiences.
WHAT YOU'LL DO
- Set the strategy and oversee execution of Braze’s global communications program
- Manage a high-performing team based out of London and New York
- Be an active member of the marketing leadership team
- Work closely with regional marketing teams to expand Braze’s presence globally
- Lead and participate in cross-functional and complex projects that vary in size and scope, such as Braze data reports
- Build scalable programs and processes in collaboration with various groups within Marketing and other departments, including Finance, Legal, and People
WHAT YOU HAVE
- 10+ years of communications experience, preferably both agency and in-house
- Demonstrated experience developing, directing and executing strategic communications programs, including customer and data PR
- Big thinker, who isn’t afraid to roll up their sleeves
- A strong understanding of the technology landscape, including cloud-based and marketing technology
- Experience working within a high-performing communications team and executives, and managing third-party vendors
- Excellent written, verbal, and visual communication skills with a strong attention to detail
- International travel, when required (we are currently still working remotely)
- Proven track record of crisis communications
- Public company and financial communications experience a plus
- Based in the New York metropolitan area
WHAT WE OFFER
- Competitive compensation that includes equity
- Generous time off policy to balance your work and life, including paid parental leave
- Competitive medical, dental, and vision coverage for you and your dependents
- Collaborative, transparent, and fun loving office culture
If you are a California resident subject to the California Consumer Privacy Act, click here to understand how Braze processes your personal information and how you can exercise your rights.