VP, Corporate Strategy at Unqork
Unqork is a new way to build enterprise software: it's a purely visual, drag-and-drop no-code platform designed to support the scale, complexity and security that important applications require. Our customers are the largest organizations in insurance, financial services, healthcare and the public sector, and they use Unqork to build custom software faster, with higher quality and at lower costs than code-based approaches. Founded in 2017, Unqork has a valuation of $2B.
Unqork is looking for a VP of Corporate Strategy to help promote continued growth across the company. You will work with our executive team to evaluate and guide strategic opportunities. You will report directly to our CFO and solve high priority operational issues by guiding the communication and development of suitable strategies and goals. You will establish the metrics to navigate our success, building a shared vision and purpose across the organization.
- Partner with executive and department leaders to develop Unqork's multi-year strategy and goals
- Establish measurement criteria to guide the performance of established strategies, identify deficiencies, and develop impactful solutions.
- Work with subject matter specialists and internal organizations to analyze current industry trends, expansion opportunities, competitive threats, and make data-driven recommendations of the best path forward.
- Lead teams by communicating employee expectations, holding employees accountable and acknowledging/rewarding goal achievement.
- Guide strategic planning processes and act as a trusted advisor to leadership and partners during strategy formulation and development.
- Mentor partners to ensure they have tools needed to improve projects long term
- Build clear channels of communication to listen to and understand current processes, discovering where opportunities may exist
- Promote important projects and support teams in the development of their short-term and long-term goals and important results
- Influence and deepen our understanding of our customers, products and value proposition across the company
- Build strategies that grow revenue through acquisitions and partnerships. Work with internal partners to incubate new ideas for strategic investments.
- Identify and guide important projects at the corporate level which support growth (e.g., business building, product management, pricing, regional expansion and operations), including, potentially, promoting specific acquisition opportunities.
- 10+ years experience
- Strategy consulting work experience in leadership positions with increasing responsibility within a blue-chip consulting firm or in strategy / business development roles in the technology sector.
- Experience delivering large projects and results.
- Exhibits curiosity, analysis, and passion towards structuring an approach and driving solutions for a business and market opportunities.
- Data skills with an understanding of how to convey complex concepts.
- Experience leading transformation projects.
- Work independently or as part of a team.
- Excellent written, oral, and facilitation skills.
- Software industry domain expertise (SAAS)
- Engineering background
- Corp Dev experience
- Build extended and virtual teams
- Some startup or operational experience ideal, and high tolerance for change.
Unqork is an equal opportunity employer, and proud to be committed to diversity and inclusiveness. We will consider all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, nationality, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, religion, disability or age.