ABOUT THE TEAM AND ROLE
theSkimm’s Growth Marketing team is a group of fast-moving, data-driven, and creative thinkers who drive growth and engagement across all theSkimm’s platforms and products. The VP of Growth Marketing will be the strategic leader and driver of audience growth, engagement, and retention with a mission-focus on building an impactful brand for millennial women. Our ideal candidate is motivated by setting, hitting, and exceeding acquisition targets and has demonstrated success driving step-change growth across multiple products and verticals. This role reports to the Chief Product Officer.
WHAT YOU’LL BE DOING
- Develop and lead our overall growth marketing, audience development, lifecycle marketing, and loyalty strategy–– focused on conceptualizing and activating campaigns and programs to increase newsletter subscribers, podcast listenership, app downloads, and overall platform audiences.
- Oversee a high-performing and engaged team of functional growth specialists, leading a connected, inclusive, and motivating team culture.
- Drive paid performance marketing with a focus on driving new, diverse, high-value audiences with strong efficiency.
- Leverage best-in-class lifecycle marketing practices to accelerate content engagement, as well as product adoption across TheSkimm’s ecosystem.
- Shape a robust audience development strategy; with a focus on sustained and ongoing partnerships with publications, content creators, and distribution platforms with direct audience growth impacts - attracting new, diverse audiences of millennial women.
- Lead and develop our loyalty strategy and program.
- Collaborate closely with editorial teams, help to influence content development strategies, working closely to help inform and provide insights that translate into meaningful audience growth.
- Work closely with product and technology teams to help inform product strategies and introduce and prioritize optimizations that contribute to growth goals.
- Lead forecasting, business projections, and goal-setting working closely with the Finance & Operations leaders.
- Work closely with Data & Insights team to uncover opportunities that help optimize growth strategy and/or increase user value.
- Work in lock-step with Brand and Sales leaders to ensure that large integrated tentpole campaigns are compelling and well-positioned to grow and engage audiences. Also, partner closely with them by serving as the audience growth go-to person within relevant initiatives, helping set and hit campaign goals.
WHAT WE’RE LOOKING FOR
- 10+ years progressive experience in growth marketing functions with a proven track record of driving growth in a digital media and/or digital-first DTC brand/company.
- Strong leadership experience and ability to mobilize direct and indirect reports, as well as cross-functional leadership across the organization.
- Experience creating multi-channel marketing campaigns.
- Strong brand appreciation and customer orientation.
- Strong experience partnering with technology and analytics teams.
- Passion for theSkimm's brand and products.
WHAT WE OFFER
- Comprehensive insurance plans, commuter benefits and 401(k) starting on your first day
- Competitive salary & equity packages
- Flexible vacation policy and generous holiday observances
- One Medical Membership
- Gym membership reimbursement
- Complimentary access to theSkimm’s growing suite of membership products
- The opportunity to be part of a values-driven, hardworking and diverse group of people building a membership company that makes it easier to live smarter
theSkimm is a membership company dedicated to helping millennial women live smarter lives. By seamlessly integrating into our members existing routines, we've become a trusted brand to more than 12 million people. We're fundamentally changing the way our members consume news, consider products or services, and take action on important things happening in their lives. Our flagship product, the Daily Skimm, is still the fastest growing email newsletter on the market, and we've grown our product suite to fit into other routines at home, work, and on-the-go. theSkimm App debuted at #1 in News in iTunes, our podcast "Skimm'd from The Couch" reached #1 in Apple Podcasts within hours of launching, and more than 200,000 people voted with us in the 2018 midterm elections.
As theSkimm grows, we're committed to helping our members tackle big decision-making moments in life by giving them the information they need to make informed and empowered choices whether that be in civic engagement, finance, career, health, and more. Founded in 2012 by two friends on a couch, we've since grown to over 100 employees based in NYC. We are passionate. We are a TEAM. We work hard, but we know when to take a break to enjoy each other's company. Our products help people live smarter lives and we're building a brand trusted by millions of female millennials across the country. Join us!
This is a full-time role based in New York, NY.