VP of Marketing
Greater NYC Area
The VP of Marketing serves to drive continued revenue growth through new leads, customer acquisition, and through communicating the value of Teachable’s products and brand to the marketplace. Responsibilities span multiple marketing functions including acquisition marketing, analytics, product marketing, content, brand, and CRM marketing.
- Work with other members of the leadership team to set and define the company’s long-term revenue and growth goals
- Set current and long-term goals, metrics and tasks for internal marketing teams, communicating and working with other departments to accomplish objectives
- Develop a scalable marketing strategy that will ensure the company achieves our long term goal to 2x revenue year over year
- Identify talent and hiring needs, and recruit, build, and grow a high-performing team. Ensure the team has all of the tools and resources they need to do their best work.
- Provide leadership to Teachable’s marketing team by guiding and encouraging marketing managers and individual contributors to adapt, improve, and achieve their objectives
- Develop and maintain a regular communication cadence with all levels of the organization, including finance, operations, product, and customer ops -- to ensure that all teams are aligned and aware of marketing team activity. Report on team learnings and progress toward growth goals on a weekly basis to the rest of the leadership team and present at monthly all hands to the company
- Partner with VP of Finance to develop and implement the marketing team budget and forecast revenue
- Prioritize the team’s projects and develop the framework for how the marketing team prioritizes projects, and allocate resources accordingly. Lead quarterly and annual planning process for marketing team.
- Work closely with the data team to set up an attribution model and a marketing program that’s transparent, efficient, and accountable
- Lead all paid and non-paid acquisition channels, including Teachable’s affiliate program, conferences & events, and partnerships
- Have a deep understanding of both the “information economy” and the competitive landscape that Teachable operates its business in, and find opportunities in the market for growth
Who you are
- You have 7-10+ years of experience in Digital Marketing, Marketing Operations and/or Acquisition Marketing
- A consistent track record of exceeding revenue and lead goals, with the ability to communicate which actions and decisions led to your success
- Demonstrated success leading high-performance marketing teams in a hyper-growth environment
- Extraordinary leadership, interpersonal, and analytical skills
- You are an excellent communicator, both internally and to the public
- Proven talent management experience with ability to attract, develop, and retain top performers in a world-class marketing organization
- Strong collaborator at the leadership level, while also being comfortable doing the day to day legwork required to scale the organization
- You have a strong work ethic, are self-motivated and have a growth mindset
- Tech-savvy and up-to-date on marketing tools, platforms and resources
Teachable is an instructor-focused online course platform that lets course creators build and sell courses on any topic, from iOS development to watercolor painting to card tricks. Our thousands of instructors have earned more than $250M to date, and we've raised $12.5m+ from a group of top venture investors. We're growing rapidly, with triple-digit year-over-year growth, and are continuing to build a diverse team of top-notch talent in NYC.
At Teachable, you will have the freedom to do your job and be an integral member of our tight-knit team, and you can do it all in our beautiful office in Flatiron with great benefits and perks. You’ll also get access to an ever-growing base of online educators, and your work will directly impact hundreds of thousands of online educators, entrepreneurs, and creatives.
Teachable encourages individuals from a broad diversity of backgrounds to apply for positions. If you're on the fence about applying, please do! Additionally, Teachable is an equal opportunity employer. This means we are committed to a fair and consistent interview process, and to constantly working to ensure an inclusive work environment.
Finally, please tell us in your application if you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job or to perform your job. We'd do this anyway, but federal law requires us to provide reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities.
Read Full Job Description