At Mack Weldon, we’re reinventing men's basics with premium fabrics, smart design, and simple shopping. We started with underwear and socks, pieces that could make our customers more comfortable every day. In seven years, we’ve greatly expanded our product offering, customer base, and team—and we’re just getting started.
We’re a group of apparel veterans, digital marketers, creatives, engineers, and customer service experts working together in the name of comfort. And we’re looking for passionate, proactive, strategic, and creative problem-solvers to join us. If that sounds like you… keep reading.
The VP of Marketing is a key member of the Mack Weldon leadership team responsible for all facets of marketing including Growth, Brand, Creative, Content, PR and Communications. These functions are at the core of our “digital first” business model and you will play an important role in driving the sustained and future growth of Mack Weldon.
We are looking for a strategic, business-minded leader who thrives in a hands on environment. You will manage a diverse internal team across these disciplines in addition to key agency partners. This is a highly cross-functional role that requires close partnerships with Product & Merchandising, Merchandise Planning, and Finance & Operations teams.
We are excited to add your fresh perspective, deep domain expertise and firsthand experience leading / scaling a high-growth business. You will report directly to the CEO.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
Growth Marketing: Develop and execute our growth strategy, encompassing both customer acquisition and retention marketing. You will help drive revenue and achieve targets by setting the overall strategy and mobilizing your team to deliver results.
- Set departmental strategy, budget and go-to-market plans.
- Own forecasting and delivery of monthly goals including ad spend, CPA, ROAS, Retention and LTV.
- Lead internal team and external agencies to deliver across digital channels (search, social, display, affiliates, video) and offline channels (TV, radio, OOH, direct mail).
- Optimize Weldon Blue loyalty program to maximize customer engagement / LTV.
- Drive channel testing and attribution methodology.
- Establish reporting benchmarks and KPIs related to growth (volume, CAC, retention, LTV/payback) and own achievement of weekly and monthly KPIs.
- Manage, develop and grow a team of 7+ growth marketers.
- Attend conferences and key industry events to provide thought leadership, garner learnings and best practices.
- Interface with Mack Weldon board as key leadership stakeholder for growth marketing.
Brand Marketing: Develop a brand marketing strategy that aligns with business objectives and is implemented across all marketing channels (paid, owned, and earned); steward and evolve the brand architecture to maximize awareness; establish customer-friendly product marketing criteria for ease of shopping.
- Manage PR and corporate communications, developing and executing messaging strategies to maximize reach and impact across consumer, trade, business, influencer touchpoints; manage external agency and internal PR resources; establish Mack Weldon stakeholders as thought leaders in key areas of expertise.
- Oversee the creative team that includes graphic design / art direction, copywriting, and content creation; manage outside creative agency and photo shoots, budgets, production; maintain / improve workflows between creative services and key internal customers including performance marketing, product / merchandising, digital product and corporate.
- Identify and manage brand partnerships including 3rd party retail, collaborations, press, or promotional events both directly and in partnership with product / merchandising teams.
- Establish CSR programs in line with company strategy and to maximize impact; build content to educate customers and work internally to engage employees.
- Own strategy for key social media channels, blog and influencers; continue to drive content and audience growth in line with targets.
WHO YOU ARE
- A proven operator with at least 10+ years of direct experience (eCommerce preferred)
- Someone who has excellent verbal and written communication skills (tech and non-tech)
- A team player who can understand requirements from across various functions and work together to reach a team goal
- An analytic approach with experience using data to drive strategy / decision making
- Self-starter and entrepreneurial; ability to deal in ambiguity and find innovative solutions
- Dynamic leader who can manage, inspire and mobilize a team of functional leads along with key agency partners.
- Strong record of academic achievement (e.g. MBA) and foundational training (e.g. background in finance, strategy consulting is great).
WHAT MAKES US SPECIAL?
- We give a shit! - We care. We’re slightly obsessive. We sweat every detail. We fight for what we think is best for Mack Weldon and our customers.
- We put our money where our mouth is - We own our words. We own our actions. We own our mistakes.
- We solve problems - You won’t find us waiting around for someone else to fix a problem, if we can get our hands on it first.
- We won’t sacrifice the future for a quick win - We wait for the second marshmallow.
- It’s all about the people! - Relationships over transactions.
- World-class insurance – Top of the line health insurance paid for by Mack Weldon
- Open vacation policy – Unlimited vacation and sick days to use as needed
- Competitive salary – Compensation includes a competitive salary and employee stock options
- Great location – Right in the heart of Manhattan with easy access to 14 different subway lines
- Free Mack Weldon Gear – Free new product launches and year-round employee discount code
- Office Snacks & Drinks – Fully stocked office fridge and pantry with free lunch on Fridays
- Thursday Happy Hour – Beer fridge, wine rack, liquor cabinet, and a spread of tasty treats