Thirty Madison is building the premier healthcare company for people with chronic health issues. Through our novel approach to care delivery, powered by our proprietary platform and brands built around specific chronic conditions, we combine the best of specialist-level healthcare with the convenience of telemedicine.
In just three years, we’ve built four brands on top of our platform: Keeps (for men’s hair loss), Cove (for migraine), Evens (for acid reflux), and our newest brand, Picnic (for allergies). We’re growing rapidly, recently raised a $140m Series C, and are backed by some of the best healthcare and consumer investors, including HealthQuest Capital, Mousse Partners, Bracket Capital, Polaris Partners, Johnson & Johnson, Maveron, Northzone, among others.
This year, we are honored to be included on Built In's 2021 list of Best Places To Work in New York City and Best Midsize Companies To Work For. This recognition is a true testament to our hardworking team and company culture. As we continue to grow, we pride ourselves on finding passionate individuals who truly embody our core values and mission each and every day.
About the Role
Thirty Madison is looking for a VP of Press and Communications to build Thirty Madison’s presence and clearly communicate why we’re building the best healthcare company for chronic conditions. This person will be specifically tasked with developing the Thirty Madison brand story, building an in-house press agency that scales as our needs do, and partnering with senior leadership across the company to ensure our external and internal messaging is cohesive and communicable.
While you will be coaching and managing a team, you’ll also be building upon your existing relationships with leading healthcare reporters to ensure we’re top of mind for relevant stories and not missing out on opportunities due to a lack of awareness. In addition, your team will be responsible for building our brand presence across all available channels, including, but not limited to social media, conferences, and other relevant events.
This role report will report to our Head of Expansion and Enablement.
You’re the right person for this role if:
- You’re inspired by our mission to increase access to healthcare and build out strategic communications channels to drive awareness about how we can best help people take control of their chronic condition.
- You’re excited about the opportunity to work on multiple brands and are known for being able to successfully oversee several concurrent campaigns.
- You’re taking a look at our current messaging across Thirty Madison and its brands and know you can do a better job at building out a cohesive strategy.
- You’re still able to jump into the weeds as needed to help with tasks like drafting press releases, editing op-eds, and advising on social media responses.
- You’re excited about the opportunity to build out and lead a press and communications team and inspire them to take the company to new heights with strategic, thoughtful communications planning.
- Creating a comprehensive and strategic thought leadership strategy that builds toward the larger Thirty Madison mission.
- Coaching and managing a growing Press and Communications team, ensuring that they’re able to achieve their goals across all our brands
- Reviewing and revising press materials and campaign plans to ensure they’re as strong and thoughtful as possible
- Building our current public relations and communications strategy to drive increased brand awareness as well as a better understanding of Thirty Madison as a brand.
- 15+ years in a press and communications role in the healthcare industry
- Amazing communication and writing skills across all channels, including email, Slack, and social media.
- A reputation for being able to drive several campaigns at once without making any internal clients feel unsupported.
- Experience building and managing a 5-10 person press and communications team that works on consumer and business campaigns, as well as internal communications and crisis management.
- The passion to build a parent brand from the ground up and a track record that reflects your ability to do that.
- Familiarity with affiliate marketing, SEO, internal comms, and/or social media is a big plus.
- Overall interest in a fast-moving public relations and communications role that’ll evolve with the company.
These are unprecedented times and we understand COVID-19 is impacting everyone differently. Our primary goal from the beginning of the pandemic has been to ensure employee safety. We went from optional to mandatory work-from-home very quickly in early March, and we have told employees that they can work remotely through July 2021 to allow them to plan accordingly.
We have also rolled out several initiatives to help our team successfully navigate the uncertainty associated with COVID-19. These initiatives have included providing funds for home office improvements, medical reimbursements, free meditation/mindfulness tools, mandatory “Me Days” away from work, company-wide Refresh days off, and fun opportunities to connect live with teammates each week (such as virtual escape rooms). We continue to examine different benefits, tools, and processes that best support our employees as we continue to work remotely and eventually begin transitioning back to the office.Benefits for full-time Thirty Madison employees:
- Competitive salary, equity, and career development opportunities
- 100% coverage on many health, dental, and vision insurance plans
- 401k with a match, commuter benefits, and FSA
- Budget for the technology tools you need — whether it’s a laptop, monitor, or special software
- Annual $750 vacation stipend and $750 wellness allowance
We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace committed to building a team culture that celebrates diversity and inclusion.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions. Please contact us to request accommodation.