VP, Vertical Marketing
Type: Full Time
Min. Experience: 15+ years
Who we are:
We are Dataminr, the leading company that turns social media into real-time, actionable alerts. Our ability to find and deliver information faster than any traditional source has completely revolutionized how critical, relevant and actionable information reaches the news, finance, public sector and corporate security industries.
We are one of the most exciting companies to work for and have been referred to as the “super tool of journalists and hedge funds” while also receiving numerous accolades from professionals in both the corporate security area and public sector. We’ve been named to CNBC’s Disruptor 50 list in 2014 and 2016, the Forbes FinTech 50 list in 2016, added to the AlwaysOn Global 250 Top Private Companies list and received an invitation to speak at the World Economic Forum.
Headquartered in New York City and nearing 400 employees, Dataminr provides a challenging and dynamic environment where everyone feels that they have the freedom to be innovative, impactful and influential. Our culture promotes team interaction, work-life balance and the sharing of information and ideas because it empowers us to do our best work and have fun. If you want to be a part of the most interesting and exciting high-growth tech company in New York, please keep reading!
Who you are:
You're an experienced marketing leader with a proven track record developing and delivering B2B marketing programs that drive revenue-impacting results. You have an expert understanding of the sales and product pipeline and the role of marketing at each stage of the opportunity funnel and the client expansion path, with particular expertise in demand generation.
You're an exceptional manager and developer of talent. You know what it takes to inspire, engage and drive a dynamic and high performing marketing team.
You're strategic but love to get into the details. You have experience working closely across Sales, Product, Customer Success, and Engineering teams to deeply understand a product and translate it into programs that drive great results. You have an ability to understand a wide array of disparate target audiences and their respective motions, focusing on mapping the right messages with the right buyers.
As the VP, Vertical Marketing, you will report to the EVP, Marketing & Communications and serve as a key marketing leader in our fast-growing SaaS business. You will lead a team of 6-9 vertically-aligned marketers responsible for programs targeted at the full set of customer segments across our diverse set of vertical markets and sub-industries.
- Marketing Strategy: Contribute to overall company strategy from a Marketing perspective; Lead a team to build and optimize audience- and industry-specific marketing plans and budgets to support revenue objectives; Partner across geographies to build plans that drive success; Ensure consistent message, voice, and experience across customer segments and marketing touchpoints
- Campaign Management: Create demand generation campaigns that deliver results in line with sales targets; Evaluate and optimize our existing nurture campaigns and funnels; Propel prospects through the buying journey from awareness to close, and then to expansion; Keep the team focused on priorities, maintaining momentum and meeting campaign deadlines and goals
- Innovation & Measurement: Support a test-and-learn strategy for marketing programs and activities, incorporating learnings from successes as well as “failures” into future programs and across verticals; Make data driven decisions while bringing creativity and big ideas to the table; Work closely with Integrated Marketing on analytics and reporting
- Team Building: Manage and develop existing talent for a team of 6-9, inspiring and driving teams to reach optimum performance; Build capabilities and establish goals to deliver results quarter over quarter, year over year; Engage and support talent and career development; Hire and develop new talent as the organization scales
- Collaboration: Build strong relationships and be accountable in front of groups across Marketing, Sales and Product to drive results;
- Leadership: Serve as a critical partner and leader within the Marketing function and across the company
Desired Skills and Experience:
- 15+ years experience in B2B marketing, preferably for a global SaaS software company
- 5+ years experience managing a high-performing team
- Solid track record of successfully scaling marketing efforts in a growth-oriented company
- Experience successfully driving the creation of comprehensive marketing plans, aligning campaigns and strategies to hit target goals-- including MQLs, contribution to pipeline and ROI
- Experience building marketing programs to support client growth at the enterprise level
- Strategic thinker with ability to execute
- Organized and methodical; Process-oriented
- Track record of success juggling requests from multiple stakeholders; Ability to be flexible and operate in a fast-moving environment
- Proven ability to successfully articulate and address complex business issues concisely
- Resourceful creative thinker with proven experience in developing new marketing ideas and strategies
- Ability to consume and understand data, turning it into insight driven decision making to drive clear results and optimization
- High degree of customer orientation and focus
- Knowledge of Pardot or other marketing automation platforms
Our offering of competitive benefits and perks include:
- Company paid benefits for employees and their dependents, such as medical, dental, vision, disability and life
- Flexible spending account to be used for out-of-pocket medical, transit, parking and dependent care expenses
- 401(k) savings plan
- Generous leave
- Daily catered lunch
- A kitchen fully stocked with snacks and beverages
- Discounted Gym Membership
…and this is just to name a few!
Dataminr is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. Individuals seeking employment at Dataminr are considered without regards to race, sex, color, creed, religion, national origin, age, disability, genetics, marital status, pregnancy, unemployment status, sexual orientation, citizenship status or veteran status.