Medical Billing and Coding Coordinator
Tap Into The Revolution: As a Call9 team member, you will operate at the nexus of clinical excellence, engineering innovation and progressive enterprise amongst a culture that fosters ingenuity and education. Ready to learn more?...Tap In!
About Call9: Call9 is breaking the mold of traditional Emergency Medicine and telemedicine while reinventing 911. Our patient-centered proprietary telemedicine platform connects off-site emergency physicians with on-site emergency medicine trained Clinical Care Specialists. Call9 provides a spectrum of emergency care services at the patient’s bedside in skilled nursing facilities.Position
The Medical Billing and Coding Coordinator will be responsible for the overview of day-to-day transactions that occur at Call9. This person will assist the Payor Relations team with implementing accuracy with invoices and payments. In addition, the Coordinator will take the lead in the generation of reports and will provide data for our Payor Relations team. This person will be the point of contact for any discrepancies, insight, and data regarding Medical Billing and Payments.
- Reviews claims from physician visits to ensure accuracy that they’re properly codedWorks with new billing system to review claims, review issues with payors, appealsRuns reports and keeps track of the status outcome of medical billsRuns and generating billing reports from software system i.e. performance, holdups etc.
- Follow up with payor on any identified issues in payments
- Analyzes and reviews payments for claims prior to release to payors for approval or denial
- Work with any denials and provide information on this to the payors
-Assist with additional documentation, follow up with claimsAbility to do other projects as needed
- 2-3 years of medical coding and billing experience required
- Medical Billing Certification preferredExperience with ICD-9 and ICD-10 preferred Experience working with third-party insurance companies preferred
- Bachelor’s Degree Required
- CPC and/or CCS Required
Call9 provides equal opportunity in employment for all qualified persons and prohibits discrimination in employment on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, perceived sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, ancestry, age, veteran status, disability unrelated to job requirements, genetic information, military service, or other protected status as may be mandated by applicable Federal, State and local law. All personnel actions, including but not limited to those relating to compensation, benefits, termination, training and education, are based on the principle of equal employment opportunity.