Abstraction Quality Operations Manager at Flatiron Health
We're looking for an Abstraction Quality Operations Manager to help us accomplish our mission to improve lives by learning from the experience of every cancer patient. Here's what you need to know about the role, our team and why Flatiron Health is the right next step in your career.
What You'll Do
In this role, you'll work with the Abstraction team to manage a subset of Abstraction Clinical Quality Managers and associated quality operations. Reporting to the Senior Manager, Abstraction Operations, you'll oversee the team that monitors, controls, and improves the quality of the unstructured data processed by Abstractors in order to assure it meets the needs of our customers. In addition, you'll also:
- Manage a subset of remote Abstraction Clinical Quality Managers including providing feedback, removing roadblocks, and coaching.
- Manage team’s capacity, including hiring, onboarding, training, and staffing to projects.
- Understand needs of Clinical Quality team in order to be an effective advocate for technical solutions, including data visualization tools and new software features.
- Ensure all processes run smoothly and Clinical Quality work is completed on-time to internal Research organization stakeholders.
- Work with cross-functional teams to develop, prioritize and implement quality plans to reduce/mitigate risk to abstraction quality.
- Review and provide input into the development of metrics for unstructured data processing quality and Abstraction Clinical Quality Team operations.
- Address escalated quality issues as needed through identification of root causes and execution of corrective actions.
- Oversee creation, standardization, documentation, and improvement of team workflows and processes to ensure delivery of high-quality, abstracted data at scale.
The Abstraction Quality Operations Manager will work collaboratively with Clinical Data, Clinical Abstraction Managers, Abstraction Operations, and other members of Research Project Teams.
Who You Are
You're an Operations or Quality Manager with 4+ years’ experience in an operations or quality role and 1+ years’ experience managing people. You're excited by the prospect of rolling up your sleeves to tackle meaningful problems each and every day. You’re a kind, passionate and collaborative problem-solver who seeks and gives candid feedback, and values the chance to make an important impact.
- You have a Bachelor's Degree (preferred in a relevant area, e.g., healthcare, quality, operations)
- You are comfortable working with remote teams and operating in a fast-paced, growing technology environment
- You have strong project management, organizational, and analytical skills
- You have excellent verbal and written communication skills with demonstrated success working cross-functionally
- You have strong Excel skills, adept at data analysis and commitment to making data-driven decisions
- You have a problem solving mindset and demonstrated ability to deliver results; ability to distill complex issues and translate them into concrete action plans
- You have a nose for value; ability to effectively prioritize in a challenging, time-sensitive environment
- You have prior experience with root cause analysis, risk assessment, quality metrics, and corrective actions
- You are a self-starter who can and independently prioritize and address problems in a highly ambiguous environment
If this sounds like you, you'll fit right in at Flatiron.
- You have experience with the management of remote employees
- You have experience working at a startup or healthcare organization
- You have SQL experience
- You have experience with or an understanding of scientific methodologies or statistics
- You have experience with clinical research, especially in the community oncology or clinical trials network setting
- You have experience in epidemiological or outcomes research (real-world evidence)
- You have familiarity with data generated from EMR
Why You Should Join Our Team
A career at Flatiron is a chance to work with everyone involved in the future of cancer care and research—all under one roof. Researchers, data scientists, designers, clinicians, technologists and many more all work together to improve cancer care and accelerate research.
You'll also find a culture of continuous learning, broad and inclusive employee support offerings, and a commitment to supporting our team members in all aspects of their lives—at home, at work and everywhere in between. We offer:
- Flatiron University training curriculum which includes presentation skills, meeting mastery, coding languages and more
- Career coaching opportunities
- Hackathons for all employees (not just our engineers!)
- Professional development benefit for attending conferences, industry events and external courses
- Work/life autonomy via flexible work hours and flexible paid time off
- Generous parental leave (16 weeks for either parent)
- Back-up child care
- Flatiron-sponsored fitness classes
Flatiron Health is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity employer.
We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.