Administrative Assistant at SIMON
Want to work at the forefront of a fast-growing and award winning FinTech company? With an incredible team and partners looking for innovative results, we’re rapidly growing and continue to add new asset classes to our offerings. As a cloud-based company, we transitioned seamlessly into a socially-distanced workforce in 2020, and with a pace that hasn’t slowed, we’re still hiring and are currently on the lookout for smart and collaborative talent to join our team. We are currently operating remotely, and will transition to a flexible and hybrid model later this year.
SIMON is seeking an energetic, detail-oriented, and superbly organized Administrative Assistant to support our department heads with traditional administrative duties including
- Calendaring, business travel, expenses, and special projects
- Assist with planning, organizing, and executing team events
- Coordinate teams across locations in a fast-paced, start-up environment.
Candidates must be motivated to work behind the scenes — both independently and with a team — to seamlessly execute on deliverables that support the growth of our business. He/she should have experience:
- Building strong relationships with employees at all levels of the organization,
- Collaborating with functional groups such as People Ops, Finance, and IT,
- Coordinating and executing events that build a fun and inclusive culture
How You Will Fulfill Your Potential
- Supporting Department Heads
- Proactively and methodically support the needs of our team such as maintaining complex, detailed calendars and prioritizing meeting requests and related logistics
- Process expense reports ensuring all policies are followed
- Arrange, coordinate, and troubleshoot complicated domestic travel
- Coordinating Office Administration
- Work with People Ops and Finance Teams to plan and execute events and other team activities
- Provide daily office administrative and project support to the company as needed
- What We're Looking For
- Bachelor’s degree and/or relevant work experience
- 3+ years of professional work experience in administration in finance, technology, or hospitality industries
- Experience supporting department heads or equivalent in financial services or technology
- Confidentiality, attention to detail, time-management, and the ability to respectfully manage up are requisite skills for all SIMON employees, and particularly important for this position.
- Enthusiastic, reliable, and independent self-starter with exceptional interpersonal, communication, organizational, decision making, problem solving, and creative-thinking skills
- Time-management skills with the ability to manage multiple priorities as needed for time-bound deliverables with accuracy and detail-orientation
- Individual contributor who can also collaborate with a team and cultivate strong relationships in person and via email, slack, and video
- Passion for excellent customer service, learning new skills/concepts, solving problems, and continuous improvement
- Highest level of integrity. Humble but assertive
- Experience at a high-growth technology company
- Experience with TripActions and Expensify
We offer a competitive salary and benefits, the chance to work with a curated team of top-notch, highly creative talent, and a fun and agile work environment with many perks in the heart of New York City’s Chelsea district, but are operating remotely through at least fall 2021.
SIMON Markets is a fast-growing and award-winning FinTech company, on the lookout for smart, collaborative talent to join our team.
Originally founded within Goldman Sachs, SIMON Markets spun-out in December 2018 under the shared ownership and direction of seven leading financial institutions. Our team works to build transparency around complex, risk-managed financial products by way of a single, modern platform. Our platform provides financial advisors with access to multi-issuer solutions, a depth of educational tools, and advanced post-trade analysis that hasn’t before been possible.
By combining state-of-the art technology with the leadership of niche industry experts and an agile start-up mentality, SIMON is well-positioned to reshape our industry. We are leading the way in a space we helped create, we are passionate about pushing boundaries, and we are growing like crazy.