Newsela is an Instructional Content Platform that combines engaging, leveled content with integrated formative assessments and insights to supercharge engagement and learning in every subject. Students and teachers use Newsela to find digital content from hundreds of the best sources—from National Geographic to NASA, Biography.com to Encyclopedia Britannica, the Washington Post to the Wichita Eagle. Content is instructionalized to meet students where they are, with interactive tools and analytics to take them where they want to go. Newsela has become an essential solution for schools and districts, with a presence in over 90% of U.S. K-12 schools. Newsela is the content platform for the connected classroom.
Our Executive Leadership team is looking for their first Administrative Assistant who is excited to act as a true business partner and support executives across Sales, Marketing, Community, Product, Technology, Content and Human Resources. This role is ideal for a professional with a customer focus mindset and an impeccable ability to multi-task with strong attention to detail. You will be tactful and an important part of the rapid growth we are experiencing within the Edtech Industry. You are highly responsive, flexible, adaptable and committed to supporting our mission to unlock the written word for everyone.
- Effectively manage the Leadership Teams calendar, travel schedule, expenses
- Manage communications related to meetings, event planning, board meetings and interviews
- Support the design, development and delivery of content for Board of Directors
- Provide backup support to Executive Assistant as needed.
- Track use of corporate credit card and ensure timely and accurate reconciliations
- 3+ years experience supporting multiple Senior Executives at high growth start-up
- Highly competent with all Google Suite, Microsoft applications, Slack, and other productivity tools.
- Outstanding project and event management skills
- Excellent time-management skills and know how to prioritize tasks in order of importance