Greater NYC Area
Sorry, this job was removed at 1:20 p.m. (EST) on Thursday, December 19, 2019
Welocalize enables brands to reach and grow global audiences through services and solutions for translation, localization, adaptation, and automation. We offer multilingual solutions to transform all content types for local audiences, at every step of our clients’ global business journey. We have 1,500 global team members across offices in North America, Europe and Asia dedicated to helping some of the world’s largest brands operate and succeed internationally.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
· Job Responsibilities:
The Administrative Assistant’s primary purpose is to effectively assist the office through greeting and assisting all on-site visitors, handling all in-coming phone calls, efficiently managing supply inventory, facilities, and vendors, planning internal events and meetings, assisting with HR duties, and other office related projects/duties.
The major areas of focus for this role are as follows:
· Greeting all office visitors courteously, determining their needs and directing them to the proper person.
· Keeping reception area neat and organized.
· Operating telephone system in a professional manner to relay incoming calls.
· Stocking the break rooms and keeping the break rooms neat and organized.
· Ordering all supplies, including kitchen, office and shipping supplies, copy machine/office machine supplies, ensuring all items are properly delivered per packing slip review and putting all such supplies away in a neat and organized fashion. Also, supply ordering for corresponding business region.
· Office equipment maintenance and office vendor management.
· Receiving, sorting, and posting all incoming and outgoing mail and shipping.
· Building management interfacing and overseeing facilities.
· Making any necessary travel arrangements and assisting with passport and travel visa needs, as requested.
· Access system/card management, if applicable.
· Parking management, if applicable.
· Expense report processing for senior leadership/executives, if applicable.
· Planning and execution of office events and meetings in business region, including yearly summer event and holiday party.
· Manage onsite onboarding for new hires, coordinating with IT and ensuring desk setup, and distributing new hire gifts.
· Reviewing I-9s in Workday and Collecting IDs.
· Assist with Workday onboarding tasks.
· Managing specific requests from management in corresponding business region.
Additional Job Details:
· Associate degree (A.A.) or equivalent from two-year college or technical school; or two years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
· Technical proficiency in Microsoft Office/365, including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, OneDrive, SharePoint, and Teams. Ability to learn new programs quickly.
· Proven ability to work within a team-oriented environment with effective communication with all members of team internally and externally to assure work flow is effective and efficient.
· Capacity to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of organization.
· Ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ratio and percent and to draw and interpret bar graphs.
· Capability to work in a fast-paced environment and to adapt to frequent change.
· Proven ability to work creatively and analytically in a problem-solving environment.
· Must maintain high level of confidentiality and professionalism.
· Have a positive, approachable, and customer service focused attitude.
· Be a motivated self-starter with strong multi-tasking abilities.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to sit. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. Employee will need to be able to lift 20lbs with frequent lifting and/or carrying of objects waiting up to 10lbs.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
Due to the nature of this position, dependability and excellent attendance are required. Remote working does not fit the responsibilities of this role except in extreme weather conditions.
Read Full Job Description