Application Support Engineer at Rent the Runway
Rent the Runway (RTR) is transforming the way we get dressed by pioneering the world’s first Closet in the Cloud. Founded in 2009, RTR has disrupted the $2.4 trillion fashion industry by inspiring women with a more joyful, sustainable and financially-savvy way to feel their best every day. As the ultimate destination for circular fashion, the brand now offers infinite points of access to its shared closet via a fully customizable subscription to fashion, one-time rental or ownership. RTR offers designer apparel, accessories and home decor from 700+ brand partners and has built in-house proprietary technology and a one-of-a-kind reverse logistics operation. Under CEO and Co-Founder Jennifer Hyman’s leadership, RTR has been named to CNBC’s “Disruptor 50” five times in ten years, and has been placed on Fast Company’s Most Innovative Companies list multiple times, while Hyman herself has been named to the “TIME 100” most influential people in the world and as one of People magazine’s “Women Changing the World.”About the Team:
The Operations Technology team is responsible for creating, enhancing, and supporting our proprietary solutions to unique business problems. The team consists of multiple groups of highly motivated, creative, and technically savvy engineers, testers, and product owners. These groups are responsible for end-to-end ownership of the products that fuel our round-the-clock warehouse operations with an exact focus on reliability, resilience, and scalability across the company.About the Job:
The Application Support Engineer will partner with Rent The Runway’s logistics operations leaders to ensure all issues are clearly documented and routed to the best team to resolve them. This position will be on the front lines for improving the operation. On a daily basis, you will partner in our fulfillment center to reduce friction due to operational issues and to keep our operations running smoothly.
What You’ll Do:
- Manage and use multiple tools (Excel, 3rd party, and proprietary) to ensure all applications are running correctly.
- Handle operations’ software-related tickets and fix all associated issues
- Work with various teams from across the company to solve issues in the logistics operation, customer service application, ecommerce and mobile applications
- Work with 3rd party vendors on technical issues and projects
- Identify issues with orders, systems or the logistics operation and report all issues to product managers and tech teams
- On-call support rotation across various time zones including teams in Ireland and Dallas
- Triage and manage incidents, write up incident reports
- Build reporting/dashboards to help monitor catalog metrics
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Demonstrated initiative to learn new technologies
- Ability to effectively create, update process documentation and manage Jira Confluence
- Ability to manage multiple priorities and follow through on projects to completion
- Demonstrated analytical, troubleshooting, and research skills with the ability to take responsibility and ownership
- Excellent Technical writing skills to create SOPs and technical documentation, change management, SLT updates.
- Well versed in Python and SQL
- Bachelor’s degree required: engineering, computer science, management concentration is a plus
- 1 - 3 yrs experience in application support engineering or related field is a plus
- The desire to learn and expand mindset
- A driven mindset to solve problems – excellent in multitasking and the ability to work with an agile team
- Effective communications to help solve technical and data issues
- Basic Excel, SQL, Splunk, Python, Scripts, Github, JIRA knowledge is a plus
At Rent the Runway, we’re committed to the wellbeing of our employees, and aim to create a workplace that fosters both personal and professional growth. Our inclusive benefits include, but are not limited to:
- Paid Time Off including vacation, paid bereavement, and family sick leave - every employee needs time to take care of themselves and their family.
- Universal Paid Parental Leave for both parents + flexible return to work program - because we know your newest family member(s) deserve your undivided attention.
- Paid Sabbatical after 5 years of continuous service - Unplug, recharge, and have some fun!
- Exclusive employee subscription and rental discounts - to ensure you experience the magic of renting the runway (and give us valued feedback!).
- Comprehensive health, vision, dental, FSA and dependent care from day 1 of employment - Your health comes first and we’ve got you covered.
- 401k match - an investment in your future.
- Company wide events and outings - our team spirit is no joke - we know how to have fun!
- Hybrid Work - when our corporate employees return to the office post COVID they will have the option to work remotely 2-3 days a week, in accordance with Company policies.
Rent the Runway is an equal opportunity employer. In accordance with applicable law, we prohibit discrimination against any applicant or employee based on any legally-recognized basis, including, but not limited to: race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, lactation, childbirth or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, age (40 and over), national origin or ancestry, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, genetic information (including testing and characteristics), veteran status, uniformed service member status or any other status protected by federal, state or local law.