Application Support Engineer
At OnDeck, we make small business a big deal. We’re improving the world’s economic landscape by changing the way small businesses access capital. We care intensely about each other, our company and the customers we serve, and are committed to making every day count.
OnDeck’s next frontier is to build the next generation platform to enable the expansion of our technology to more clients and to introduce innovative and modern technologies. We want you to be a part of that. Our objective is to continue to revolutionize small business lending and enable financial institutions to better serve their customers by accelerating the process in a digital manner, leveraging advanced automation tools, artificial intelligence, and machine learning.
The Partnerships team at OnDeck works with leading global financial institutions to transform how they lend to small businesses. Our team has a purpose-driven impact in helping fuel large scale small business growth, the backbone of the economy, through our banking and financial services partners. We develop and implement the next generation platform while collaborating in an innovative startup environment with the support of an established profitable business and client base.
We are looking for an Application Support Engineer to resolve issues with internally developed applications. You will gain breadth of product knowledge that few have, positioning for a multitude of career opportunities.
As an Application Support Engineer at OnDeck, you will:
- Interact with every aspect of our organization and have a breadth of product knowledge that few others have.
- Manage the lifecycle of Incidents and Service Requests related to OnDeck’s production applications – from initial intake and clarification with the internal end user through fulfillment, resolution, and knowledge sharing.
- Act as the single point of contact for communication and coordination of resources when Major Incidents occur in production.
- Respond to a high volume of tickets in a fast-paced environment.
- Schedule and manage dozens of batch jobs that are critical to the business and have complex dependencies.
- Learn about and help align the team with ITIL best practices.
- Have a variety of ways to contribute instead of doing the same thing over and over again. For example, some days you might focus entirely on responding to tickets, on other days you might identify and solve problems at a higher level through process optimization or scripting, still others you may focus on creating reports and gathering metrics to support a business decision.
- Be very popular inside our organization – people love having their issues resolved!
Necessary qualifications for success:
- Strong sense of ownership.
- Enthusiasm for providing support in a Service Desk or similar troubleshooting environment. The service you provide our users should give you a sense of accomplishment.
- Top-notch listening and communication skills. As one example, it is fundamentally important to be able to read a ticket, work with the end user to understand the issue, and successfully translate that information into the ticket such that anyone reading it for the first time fully understands the issue.
- Structured approach to problem solving. Many of the issues we face are unique, and it is your job to figure them out.
- Proficiency with navigating a Linux filesystem (e.g. editing files, log scraping, etc.).
- Facility with reading and writing SQL statements of basic to medium complexity.
Nice-to-haves (not required):
- ITIL certifications or experience working in an ITIL environment. This team is mainly focused on the Incident Management and Request Fulfillment processes.
- Experience scheduling and managing batch jobs.
- Experience working with development teams in an agile environment.
- Experience working in the Financial industry or with Web applications.
As the largest online small business lender in the U.S. serving more than 700 different industries, we have been trusted by over 80,000 small businesses by providing them with a term loan or line of credit to help them build growing and thriving enterprises. Since 2007, we’ve issued over $8 billion in capital.
Join us as we enable small businesses to achieve their goals. At OnDeck, we’re reinventing small business financing. We care intensely about each other, our company and the customers we serve, and are committed to making every day count. We are small enough to be nimble and strong enough to make a big impact.
Benefits for you:
OnDeck believes that each and every team member plays an important role in our company’s success. That’s why we strive to provide you and your family with a competitive and comprehensive benefit program with a variety of options and opportunities. We offer:
- Generous Vacation
- Comprehensive Healthcare
- Educational Reimbursement
- 401k Matching
- Parental Leave
- Sports Teams
- Stocked Kitchens
- Loan Consolidation
We are going to ask you to talk about your accomplishments. Here are some of ours:
- WorldatWork, 2017 Seal of Distinction
- Fortune 50 Best Workplaces for Diversity, 2016
- Fortune 50 Best Small and Medium Companies to Work For, 2016
- Fortune 30 Best Workplaces in Finance and Insurance, 2016
- Built in Colorado, Top 100 Digital Companies in Colorado, 2015, 2016, 2017
- Crain’s New York Business Fast 50, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017
- Fortune.com and Great Place to Work 100 Best Workplaces for Millennials 2015
- Fortune/Great Place To Work Great Rated! People’s Picks: 20 Great Workplaces in Financial Services, 2015
- Crain’s New York Best Places to Work, 2013, 2014, 2015
- Colorado SHRM Best Companies to Work For in Colorado, 2015
- Forbes’ America’s Most Promising Companies, 2013, 2014
- Selling Power Magazine Best Company to Sell For, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017
- 500|5000, 2013, 2014
As part of our dedication to maintaining an inclusive and diverse workforce, OnDeck provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, OnDeck complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
OnDeck expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of OnDeck’s employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge.
**No external recruiters or agents, please.**