Application Support Manager, North America
We're Ushering a New Era of Data Participation. Interested?
Collibrians are building a new way for all data users to have access to trustworthy data so they can make good data-driven decisions. We have modeled the Collibra platform after the best collaborative digital communities to be flexible, transparent, and human. We’ve replaced rigid rules with open collaboration. The result is data governance that’s second nature, from day one. If you’re interested in joining the team, look no further.
How you'll make an impact at Collibra:
Collibra provides world-class Support Services to our growing customer base. We are in need of an experienced Manager for our Americas team who can facilitate and act as a Regional point of contact internally to help coordinate and run the day to day operations of our 8 Support Engineers in Manhattan. As a manager you’ll be providing oversight, training, feedback and review to ensure the team is meeting their obligations while proactively identifying areas for improvement and tools necessary for evolution. At Collibra, the customer is our “True North” and our Support team spearheads that commitment to excellence!
A day in the life of a Application Support Manager at Collibra:
You’ll be reporting directly to the Senior Manager of Support Services, and will be responsible for a wide range of tasks, including:
- Guiding and directing Support Engineers to prioritize, escalate and triage incidents.
- Handle and direct all regional escalations, whether thru delegation, direct over-sight, taking individual ownership and motivating appropriate resources to aid where needed.
- Keeping day-to-day operations running smoothly with regards to engineers - absences, hours of operation, appropriate coverage.
- Driving on-boarding/training with new hires and hold frequent cadences to evaluate remit and readiness for independent work.
- Holding 1 on 1s routinely with all direct reports for bidirectional feedback.
- Ensuring regional team is meeting response time SLAs and CSAT benchmarks.
- Follow-up on all customer feedback/CSAT to understand where the perceived failure(s) reside and what we can do to remedy.
- Keeping "boots on the ground"; in a limited fashion by taking tickets in the queue to stay up to date on common failures and painpoints, identify and quantify these and get out to external resources for resolution (kb articles, documentation, coaching offerings, tutorials, etc).
- Proactively working with Senior Support Manager on resourcing issues - hiring, identifying team members in need of assistance, enacting PIP measures where warranted
- Ensuring the team has appropriate tools and enablement to provide world class support.
- Illustrating the ability to not only diffuse a situation with a customer, but resolve the issue and change the relationship to positive.
- Maintaining the acumen of a Tier 2 Engineer.
- Maintaining healthy and fruitful relationships with customers measured by Net Promoter Score and Customer Satisfaction surveys.
- Superior written and verbal skills that illustrate the ability to communicate effectively, promptly and appropriately with new customers.
- Extensive knowledge of enterprise level software architecture components and infrastructure.
- A bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience in Computer Science or Information Technologies.
- Experience leading teams of 8-10 people in a managerial role or equivalent experience.
- Experience with personnel resourcing – interviewing, hiring and projection of staffing needs.
- Experience with Java and/or REST APIs. A background in object-oriented programming is ideal.
- Experience with relational databases and repositories.
- A calm demeanor to prevent escalations and ease customer issues.
- Analytical and methodical problem solving skills.
- Exceptional organizational skills.
- Can manage competing priorities and understand the business landscape.
- A friendly, rapidly growing environment where your input is valued and growth is fostered
- Ongoing opportunities to collaborate with fellow Collibrians globally
- Flexible house = quality > quantity
- Bi-monthly catered lunches. Never go hungry again!
- Did we mention happy hour?
- Spacious brand new offices in NYC
- A state-of-the-art laptop for work
- And of course, a competitive salary with a strong benefits package