Assistant Executive Assistant, Product & Special Operations at Better
Better is redefining homeownership and making it simpler, faster—and most importantly—more accessible for everyone. We leverage technology and expertise to find ways that we can make the homebuying journey more approachable and understandable.
- Right now we’re funding $1 billion in home loans per month
- We’ve funded over $9 billion in loans and $1 billion in insurance
- We ranked #11 on Fortune’s Best Places to Work in Financial Services 2020
- Our Founder and CEO was named in Comparably's Top 25 CEOs for Diversity
- We were listed to Forbes’ FinTech 50 2020
- And #964 on Inc.’s 2019 “5000 Fastest-Growing Companies”
- We’ve secured over $254 million from our investors to date
Our company is made up of driven, passionate people who bring their unique backgrounds and perspectives to everything we do and we are committed to fostering diversity, multiculturalism, and inclusion. We see the perspectives that each person brings and a diverse workforce as essential for individual and collective success. We believe it’s important to foster a company culture that encourages curiosity and passion—from employee resource groups and learning opportunities to team outings and community outreach.
A Better opportunity:
As the Assistant Executive Assistant to our Product and Special Operations teams, you will directly support a variety of different leaders. As a highly ambitious and collaborative environment, we’re seeking help to create cohesion across a variety of different cross-functional teams. In this role, you will support our Lead Executive Assistant in planning, prioritizing, and ensuring all strategic and daily activities are well executed. You’ll complete tasks with little oversight, take action without needing to know the total picture and ultimately, do what it takes to get things done. You’ll be a trusted resource that will play a major role in helping our leaders be better at what they do best.
Responsibilities will include:
- Managing multiple complex calendars across the Product and Strategy/Special Operations Leadership team.
- Organizing team events and offsites including communicating with vendors ensuring all events stay on plan and within budget.
- Ensuring meetings run smoothly, are well documented and have clear action items by taking minutes in meetings, compiling notes and reporting and providing updates back to the Lead Executive Assistant
- Collaborating with various Executive Assistant(s) across the Company with the goal of building strong relationships to drive cross-functional outcomes.
- Taking each day as an opportunity to learn; every day will be different in this position and the ability to juggle many tasks is a must.
- Savvy in Google Calendar and comfortable managing 5+ calendars at a time.
- Experienced in building and updating trackers, databases, and establishing processes.
- 3+ years of experience in a tech, communications or business workplace.
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment.
- Hungry to learn and ask questions -- constantly. Not just how but but also why, and even better: what if we tried this instead?
- Admit mistakes and action-orient towards solutions rather than hang-ups on criticism.
- Ability to think around the bend and anticipate problems or roadblocks.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Self-starting and curious.
- Utmost organization, strong attention to detail.
The Better mission is rooted in values that drive us.
- We do what’s in the best interest of the consumer, not ourselves
- We have growth mindsets, not fixed ones
- We believe that success lies in execution, not credentials
- We act like owners, not just employees
- We work to find answers on our own, not wait for them to be given to us
- We optimize for mission, not ego
Our mission speaks for itself—we continue to outpace the industry at every turn. We’ve recently joined forces in partnership with Ally Bank, and our backers have helped build some of the most transformative tech and finance companies in history. Kleiner Perkins, Goldman Sachs, American Express, Citigroup, Activant Capital, Ally Bank, and others have invested in our vision for what homeownership can be.
Better is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion or religious creed, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, marital status, family or parental status, disability, military or veteran status, or any other basis protected by law. All employment decisions at Better are based on a person’s merit, business needs, and role requirements.
Depending on your location, the California Consumer Privacy Act or other laws may regulate the way we manage the data of job applicants. For further information on how we collect data of job applicants, please click here. By submitting your application, you are agreeing to our use and processing of your data as required.