Want to help everyday Americans invest and build wealth? Financial inequality is increasing, and too many people are getting left behind. At Stash, we are passionate about democratizing wealth creation through education, advice, and products that help customers achieve greater financial freedom.
Stash is pioneering the future of personal finance with the first financial subscription that helps people create better lives. From budgeting to saving for retirement, Stash unites banking, investing, and advice all in one app that has helped more than 5M people reach their financial goals and make progress towards financial freedom.
The Brokerage Operations Senior Associate will be a crucial addition to our Operations team and will be responsible for daily brokerage operations functions. If you're an equities trading expert with a desire to join a startup and make a huge impact from day 1 -- Stash is looking for you!What you’ll do:
- Complete daily brokerage operations tasks/ workflows, including cash, position, and trading reconciliations to ensure that all operational procedures and risk controls are followed, documented, and properly maintained
- Ensuring the timely settlement of all trades and underlying client allocations, including resolving client and street side breaks
- Review and reconcile house accounts.
- Process trade bookings and cancel/rebills
- Ensure accuracy of all positions, cash and broker data on firm systems.
- Provide ongoing user account maintenance and review of new and existing account activity
- Monitor and manage mandatory and/or voluntary corporate action events including dividends and interest payments
- Provide support to Legal, Compliance, Product, and Engineering teams to establish, monitor and manage key risk indicators for all functions.
- Identify opportunities to improve operational processes through automation
- Participate in project work, including needs assessment, to build out and scale operational and technology platforms, including QA cycles
- 1-3 years of brokerage operations/trading experience
- Knowledge of Equities trading, clearance, ACATS, and settlement. Margin experience a plus
- Technology-driven with a focus on the application of operational procedures and automation
- Understanding of FINRA and SEC Regulatory framework
- FINRA Series 99 required. Series 7 preferred (or ability to obtain in 90 days)
- Bachelor’s Degree in Finance, Economics, or quantitative field
- Advanced skills in MS Excel
- Intermediate skills in SQL and VBA/Macros
At Stash it is our mission to help everyday Americans invest and build wealth. That includes people of all races, genders, and abilities, so it is important to us to acknowledge and address the issues of inequality in financial services head on.
Diversity and inclusion are essential to living our values, promoting innovation, and building the best products. Our success is directly related to our employees and we believe that our team should reflect the diversity of the customers that we serve. As an Equal Opportunity Employer, Stash is committed to building an inclusive environment for people of all backgrounds.
If you require any reasonable accommodations to make your application process more accessible please reach out to [email protected].
Invest in Yourself:
- Equity & Stash Accounts [Invest, Retire, Custodial, Bank]
- Flexible PTO
- Learning & Development Fund
- Work from Home Stipends
- Parental Leave [Primary & Secondary]
- BuiltIn’s Best Places to Work (2019, 2020, 2021)
- Forbes Fintech 50 (2019, 2020, 2021)
- Best Digital Bank, Finovate Awards (2020)
- Tearsheet Challenge Awards, Best Banking Card Product - Stock-Back® Card, 2020
- LendIt Fintech Innovator of the Year (2019 & 2020)
**No recruiters, please**
This position may be performed remotely anywhere within the United States except the State of Colorado.