Covid 19 Update - Please Read:
Cityblock requires those hired into this position to provide proof that they have received the COVID-19 vaccine. Any individuals subject to this requirement may submit for consideration a request to be exempted from the requirement (based on a valid religious or medical reason) on forms to be provided by Cityblock. Such requests will be subject to review and approval by the Company, and exemptions will be granted only if the Company can provide a reasonable accommodation in relation to the requested exemption. Note that approvals for reasonable accommodations are reviewed and approved on a case-by-case basis and availability of a reasonable accommodation is not guaranteed. This vaccination requirement is based, in part, on recently established government requirements. The requirement is also based on the safety and effectiveness of the vaccine in protecting against COVID-19, and our shared responsibility for the health and safety of members, colleagues, and community.
Cityblock Health is the first tech-driven provider for communities with complex needs—bringing better care to where it’s needed most, block by block. Founded in 2017 on the premise that “health is local” and based in Brooklyn, we are backed by Alphabet’s Sidewalk Labs along with some of the top healthcare investors in the country.
Our mission is to improve the health of underserved communities. Importantly, our solutions are designed specifically for Medicaid and lower-income Medicare beneficiaries, and we meet our members where they are, bringing care into the home and neighborhoods through our community-based care teams and Virtual Care offerings.
In close collaboration with community-based organizations, local providers, and leading health plans, we are reorganizing the health system to focus on what matters to our members. Equipped with world-class, custom care delivery technology, we deliver personalized primary care, behavioral health, and social services to deliver a radically better experience of care for every member and community we serve.
Over the next year, we’ll grow quickly to bring better care to many more members and their communities. To do this, we need people who, like us, believe that everyone should have good care for what matters to them, in their community.
Our work is grounded in a belief in the power of a diverse community. To close gaps in care and advance equity in the communities we serve, we have to start with making our own team diverse and inclusive. Our ways of working are characterized by creativity, collaboration, and mutual learning that comes from bringing together a community from diverse backgrounds and perspectives. We strive to ensure that every person on the Cityblock team, and every Cityblock member, feels supported and included as a part of our community.
- Aim for Understanding
- Be All In
- Bring Your Whole Self
- Lean Into Discomfort
- Put Members First
About the Role:
We are seeking a talented Associate, Credentialing & Licensing to help manage credentialing & licensing for our clinicians (ex. MD, NP, PA, LCSW, RD, PharmD) as we scale. You will also support the build out of Cityblock’s hospital privileging and credentialing program at the local level, at hospitals and SNFs as well. You’ll work closely with our Market Ops, Clinical Ops, People Ops, and Compliance teams to support a best-in-class credentialing function at Cityblock. This is an exceptional opportunity for a process-oriented, hungry self-starter who is interested in a cross-functional role at a young, rapidly scaling organization.
- Support our credentialing & licensing program across all Cityblock markets; you will be cross-trained in both areas
- Clearly communicate status updates to internal stakeholders
- Provide introductions to new providers and work closely with them to support the credentialing application process (ex. Health Plan Application, Medicare/Medicaid Enrollment, CAQH)
- Maintain and track record of current state licensure, DEA certification, malpractice coverage, and other required credentialing documentation and expiration dates for all providers using internal and external vendor platforms
- Project manage the renewal process for all credentialing related licenses/certifications
- Work with new providers to establish licensure and work through the credentialing process with our health plan partners
- Track credentialing statuses and communicate risks to all affected stakeholders
- Work closely with Senior Associate and support all credentialing related functions.
- Other functions as defined.
Requirements for the Role:
- Strong ability to quickly build relationships and trust with our clinical team
- You have 1-3 years of credentialing experience and/or experience working in early stage start-up environment
- You have the vision and desire to build foundational systems and processes and can create effective workarounds
- You’re a team player, and looking to get into a fast-moving startup environment
- You flourish in fast-paced environments, identifying your own opportunities for success and iterating tightly on feedback
- You are a natural relationship-builder and possess the ability to engage and connect with others quickly
- You are fiercely organized, a self-starter, and know how to prioritize your day
- You are an exceptional communicator and have a strong customer service mindset
- You don’t let details pass you by -- deeply detail oriented
- You work well under high pressure and have excellent time management
How We Define Success:
- Seamless and organized management of all provider credentialing & licensing applications and status
- Structure in place for timely credentialing & licensing processing, communications, and tracking mechanism to position Cityblock for delegated credentialing over time
- Start-to-end workflows being executed accurately and expeditiously for credentialing process across all markets
- Strong, trusting relationships built with partner counterparts
- Exceptional provider experience with Cityblock onboarding, licensing needs, and credentialing process
- Identification of necessary external systems required for comprehensive credentialing function
Nice to Have, But Not Required:
- Licensed Notary Public
- Experience with Google Suite
- Prior experience working in a start-up setting
- Strong knowledge of NCQA credentialing requirements and certified programs
What We’d Like From You:
- A resume and/or LinkedIn profile
- A short cover letter, please!
Cityblock values diversity as a core tenet of the work we do and the populations we serve. We are an equal opportunity employer, indiscriminate of race, religion, ethnicity, national origin, citizenship, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, veteran status, disability, genetic information, or any other protected characteristic.
We do not accept unsolicited resumes from outside recruiters/placement agencies. Cityblock will not pay fees associated with resumes presented through unsolicited means.