Associate Director, Retail at Ro
| Greater NYC Area
Sorry, this job was removed at 1:29 p.m. (EST) on Friday, October 16, 2020
Founded in 2017, Ro is a patient-driven telehealth company that puts you in control of your health. We’re patients, just like you, building technology to make healthcare accessible, affordable, and maybe even enjoyable. Ro powers three digital health clinics -- Roman for men’s health, Rory for women’s health, and Zero for fighting smoking addiction -- as well as Ro Pharmacy, a simple and affordable online pharmacy where every medication is $5 per month. The company’s nationwide networking of physicians and pharmacies provides a personalized, end-to-end healthcare experience from online treatment to the delivery of medication and ongoing care. Ro was named #2 in Wellness on Fast Company’s 2019 list of the World’s Most Innovative Companies, and listed by Inc. Magazine as a Best Place to Work in 2020.
This role will lead the development of new retail partnerships and existing business relationships. The Associate Director of Retail will look to bring the fantastic products behind the Ro brands to our patients in non-digital channels. They will manage and grow our retail channel, work closely with our internal teams in identifying product additions, and seek new strategic partnerships.
Who are you? Great question. You can create and drive a long term strategy. You have a deep understanding of wholesale business relationships with some of the largest retailers. You understand the players in the space and the incentives that drive each of their decisions. Most importantly, you are driven by a desire to create mutual value with partners that advance the consumer experience in the OTC space.
What You'll Do:
- Develop Ro’s strategic framework for evaluating new retail opportunities. To do so, you’ll need a strong command of the company’s long term business objectives, current technical capabilities and roadmap, and OTC pipeline
- Lead all aspects of retail partnership discussions with partners from inception to close, including leading negotiations, benchmarking, and developing KPIs to measure internal and partner success
- Build the infrastructure for the intake, management, and tracking of the pipeline of retail partnerships. Create a regular cadence for evaluating potential partnerships with internal partners to foster alignment across business objectives
- Oversee business relationships with existing partnerships. This includes creating the sales plan and purchasing process, identifying product additions during the category review process, establishing marketing campaigns, and keeping the organization and partner up to date with new business opportunities
- Partner with Supply Chain team to develop, monitor, and refine shipments to retailers and RO forecasts to deliver against business plan and retailer’s in-stock goals
- Work closely with OTC development team to recommend and amend new products based on partner needs
- Be an expert of the same marketplace and space
- Support as needed on non-retail account management
What You'll Bring:
- 8+ years of national account management, business development, or corporate development experience in consumer goods retail (non-apparel/accessories)
- Minimum of 3 years experience in working with a major big-box retailer or pharmacy chains
- Proven track record of building, negotiating, and closing deals
- Outstanding financial, analytical, and creative problem-solving skills
- Incredible communication, written, and interpersonal skills. Ability to effectively influence at all levels both internally and externally
- Experience connector of insights, performance metrics, and market research to develop a high-level strategy for the team
- Passion for building the future of healthcare, where patients are in control
Benefits & Perks:
- Full medical, dental, and vision insurance + OneMedical membership
- Healthcare and Dependent Care FSA
- Commuter benefits
- Unlimited PTO
- Fitness reimbursement
- Paid maternity/parental leave
We welcome qualified candidates of all races, creeds, genders, and sexuality to apply.