Associate Director of Strategy, Angi Academy at Angi
Angi, the largest home service marketplace, is seeking an innovator and executor to build the first modular, scalable upskilling program in the trades. We are in a skilled labor crisis. You’ve probably read about it, and you may have felt it -- have you tried to get any renovations done lately? We’re setting out to change that, and we need your help. In an effort to bring more skilled labor into the workforce and provide a path to well paid professions (career tradesmen earn $70k-100k+), we are funding a pilot upskilling program with ambitions to build a world-class training program in the trades. While trade schools and technical colleges have existed for years, they are not addressing key barriers to entry nor addressing user needs, so we will build the first ever, national and scalable model for the trades, based on learner insights.
We have hundreds of thousands of craftsmen (think handyman, painters, woodworkers), who could be earning more money today and building the skills for a high income career in the trades who are candidates for the pilot.
We are looking for a self-starter who is passionate about business and social impact to take this program from idea to pilot in select geographies and trades in 3 months. If the pilot is successful, there will be an opportunity to iterate, manage and scale the program nationally.
- Refine the opportunity - conduct research to assess which skills and job types, where and how (online, offline, mix)
- Utilize research to assess the business case for the program
- Partner with a leader in education to develop curriculum based on Angi Pros’ unique needs
- Develop a strategic communications and marketing plan for partners, including government relations
- Enroll, retain and graduate the first class of skilled pros
Don’t know much about the trades? That’s okay! Here are some links that speak to the opportunity and some organizations that have been trying to address it:
- Forbes, Addressing the Skilled Labor Shortage in America.
- Generation T
- The Home Depot Foundation
Who you are:
- 3-4+ years experience in management consulting - this project is ideal for a consultant looking for a secondment opportunity.
- Bachelor’s degree, preferably with a focus in an analytical field.
- Exceptional quantitative skills and aptitude. Proficiency with Excel and familiarity with databases and SQL.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and attention to detail.
- Track record of successfully executing small tests, iterating and scaling them with cross functional stakeholders.
- An owner, self-starter and creative problem solver who enjoys tackling complex projects and building businesses from the ground up.