Associate Enterprise Infrastructure Engineer at Gemini
GEMINI TRUST COMPANY, LLC
NEW YORK, NY
Help us Build the Future of Money
Gemini Trust Company, LLC (Gemini) is a licensed digital asset exchange and custodian. We built the Gemini platform so customers can buy, sell, and store digital assets (e.g., Bitcoin, Ethereum, and Zcash) in a regulated, secure, and compliant manner.
Digital assets and blockchain technology have the power to transform the world for good. This truth, along with our core values, form the bedrock of our company and culture. At Gemini, no job is too small and no project too big as we endeavor to build the future of money. We are a mission-driven, team-based, inclusive, and determined community of thought leaders who invest in each other and the long game. Join us in our mission!
The Department: Infrastructure
Gemini’s Infrastructure team are the key experts in building and operating Gemini's world class cryptocurrency exchange systems and networks, using a combination of high-speed data center equipment and cloud-hosted components. With a focus on building, automating, and scaling Gemini’s product offerings, the Infrastructure keeps a close eye on the horizon and thinks steps ahead of the company’s business needs to collaboratively build and scale its growing footprint.
The Role: Associate Enterprise Infrastructure Engineer
As a member of the Technology Operations team, you’ll be supporting and managing the technology powering Gemini - hardware and software. You’ll support both the internal corporate systems that enable Gemini employees to be productive and successful, as well as the exchange itself. This is a unique opportunity to provide support to the entire organization across multiple offices while also learning how to build out new systems, and drive new projects. This position is full-time at Gemini’s offices in New York City, and will report to the Technology Operations Manager.
- Day to day responsibility supporting the technology in our offices that makes all employees productive, focused, and engaged - Gemini can’t deliver without these systems
- Collaborating with the various Gemini teams to improve and innovate on the technology platform that makes Gemini tick
- Manage and maintain the internal feedback loops to generate FAQs, user guides, and help documentation to enable all Gemini employees to work faster and better than ever
- Manage the relationships with our outsourced software systems
- Laptop and Mobile device management leveraging MDM platforms such as Jamf and Google MDM
- IT asset management including lease renewal and repair
- User Account management using services such as Google, LDAP, Active Directory, OKTA
- Troubleshooting and providing assistance with SaaS products including G Suite, Microsoft Office 365, Slack
- Network troubleshooting for wired and Wi-Fi connectivity
- Troubleshoot AV issues with connected room systems and Chrome boxes, AppleTVs, and other AV hardware
- Support AV events such as company All-Hands meetings and Live streamed webinars
- 1-2 years of experience, preferably in an IT support capacity
- Experience with macOS
- Understanding of G Suite management and products
- Experience troubleshooting printers, monitors, laptops, and other typical company IT equipment
- Experience with handling A/V equipment and running company wide meetings
- Basic understanding of networking principles including TCP/IP, DNS, DHCP, Wi-Fi
- Must be able to multitask, prioritize, and organize your day to achieve SLAs, meet project deadlines and communicate technical ideas to non-technical people
- Must be eager to to be hands-on, learning new technologies, and identifying how to improve them
- Experience with Jamf or a similar MDM tool
- Experience with a ticketing queue, JIRA knowledge
- Experience in a startup, fintech or finance support
It Pays to Work Here
We take a holistic approach to compensation at Gemini, which includes:
- Competitive base salaries across all departments
- Ownership in the company via profit sharing units
- Amazing benefits, 401k match contribution, and flexible hours
- Snacks, Perks, Wellness Outings & Events
Our Commitment to Diversity & Inclusion
Gemini is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, or Veteran status. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.