Associate, Growth Strategy & Operations, DoorDash for Work at DoorDash
DoorDash for Work is looking for an entrepreneurial operator to join our team as a Growth Strategy & Operations Associate.
About the Team
U.S. businesses spend over $100 billion annually on employee meals and DoorDash is a compelling solution given our best-in-class operations, restaurant selection and geographic reach. As an Associate on the Growth Strategy & Operations team, you'll have the opportunity to join one of DoorDash’s new platforms on the ground floor. The re-branded DoorDash for Work team is laying the foundation for what will become a major business unit for the company.
About the Role
Growth Strategy & Operations Associates are the people responsible for the strategic development and growth of our corporate products. This role is a generalist role wearing many hats, whether it’s helping to guide product development, building and refining playbooks that allow teams to scale their work 10x or tactically improving this week’s operations and sales. We are looking for a hands-on builder who is willing to roll up their sleeves and do whatever it takes to make the business successful. Think this is you? Read on…
What You’ll Do...
You’ll help scale our corporate business. You will ultimately be responsible for the success of a corporate product.
- Build. You’ll have your fingerprints all over DoorDash’s next big business. You’ll use your grit and scrappiness to execute quickly, get 1% better every day, and roll out playbooks to scale this new business. This means everything from high-level strategy to nitty-gritty operational details.
- Strategize. You’ll develop optimal strategies for best serving our corporate customers.
- Experiment. Use data-driven decision making and sound business judgment to run tests on everything from loyalty programs to users flows.
- Analyze. You’ll assess the operational and financial impacts of your decisions, and iterate based on data.
- Lead and collaborate. You’ll work cross-functionally with Product, Engineering, Analytics, Finance, Sales, and Marketing to build this new line of business for DoorDash.
You’re excited about this opportunity because you…
You are excited about building new businesses from scratch and thrive in fast paced environments. You always believe there’s a better way and never settle for mediocrity.
- You are a problem solver. You like being presented with a problem and coming up with a strategic and tactical plan in innovative ways—and you resist “this is how it’s always been done” thinking.
- You’re equally comfortable operating at 10,000 feet and 1 foot. You don’t hesitate to get in the weeds and operate at the lowest level of detail, but you’re just as comfortable thinking long-term and inspiring a team. No job is beneath you.
- You’re unafraid of ambiguity. Rapid change and learning is exciting to you, and you thrive in ambiguous, startup environments
- You’re analytical. You let data win arguments, and you’re comfortable pulling your own data in SQL or modeling in Excel.
- Accountable. You want to own the outcome and make an impact on our most critical growth and profitability metrics
- Entrepreneurial. You crave responsibility and want to shape the vision and direction of the company
- Generalist. You seek exposure to different types of problems and want to try your hand at different sides of the business, all while being an expert in communication and interpersonal skills.
- Gritty. You roll up your sleeves and do whatever it takes to make things successful
Why You’ll Love Working at DoorDash
- We are leaders. Leadership is not limited to our management team. It’s something everyone at DoorDash embraces and embodies.
- We are doers. We believe the only way to predict the future is to build it. Creating solutions that will lead our company and our industry is what we do -- on every project, every day.
- We are learners. We’re not afraid to dig in and uncover the truth, even if it’s scary or inconvenient. Everyone here is continually learning on the job, no matter if we’ve been in a role for one year or one minute.
- We are customer-obsessed. Our mission is to grow and empower local economies. We are committed to our customers, merchants, and dashers and believe in connecting people with possibility.
We are all DoorDash. The magic of DoorDash is our people, together making our inspiring goals attainable and driving us to greater heights.About DoorDash
DoorDash is a technology company that connects customers with their favorite local and national businesses in over 4,000 cities and all 50 states across the United States and Canada. Founded in 2013, DoorDash empowers merchants to grow their businesses by offering on-demand delivery, data-driven insights, and better in-store efficiency, providing delightful experiences from door to door. By building the last-mile delivery infrastructure for local cities, DoorDash is bringing communities closer, one doorstep at a time. Read more on the DoorDash blog or at www.doordash.com.Our Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
We’re committed to growing and empowering a more inclusive community within our company, industry, and cities. That’s why we hire and cultivate diverse teams of the best and brightest from all backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives. We believe that true innovation happens when everyone has room at the table and the tools, resources, and opportunity to excel.