Empower the Individual Through Crypto
Gemini is a crypto exchange and custodian that allows customers to buy, sell, store, and earn more than 30 cryptocurrencies like bitcoin, bitcoin cash, ether, litecoin, and Zcash. Gemini is a New York trust company that is subject to the capital reserve requirements, cybersecurity requirements, and banking compliance standards set forth by the New York State Department of Financial Services and the New York Banking Law. Gemini was founded in 2014 by twin brothers Cameron and Tyler Winklevoss to empower the individual through crypto.
Crypto is about giving you greater choice, independence, and opportunity. We are here to help you on your journey. We build crypto products that are simple, elegant, and secure. Whether you are an individual or an institution, we want to help you buy, sell, and store your bitcoin and cryptocurrency. Crypto is not just a technology, it's a movement.
At Gemini, our mission is to empower the individual and that includes giving our employees flexibility of choice — our Office Optional Policy allows employees to choose to work from one of our physical locations or from home.
Select roles that are location-specific will still be eligible for flexible schedules.
The Department: Support
Our Support team is a group of highly talented and dynamic contributors. Each individual ensures that our customers have the best experience possible when they need help, have a question, or provide feedback. The team efficiently manages all inbound service requests and communications with customers during the onboarding process, and are increasingly contributing to outbound communications. While their main focus is retail customers, they are progressively interacting with institutional customers. During periods of low-service volume, the team also eagerly takes on support-centric projects.
The Role: Associate, Institutional Customer Experience
At Gemini, our Institutional Customer Experience Associates work alongside the brightest minds in a fast-paced and evolving industry. They ensure excellent service standards, respond efficiently to customer inquiries, and maintain high satisfaction.
We are looking for someone who is eager to help us continue to provide a positive customer experience for all new institutional clients. This person will also have the opportunity to make an immediate impact by working directly with our institutional clients to efficiently guide them through the onboarding process. Additionally, the ideal candidate will be eager to roll up their sleeves when needed and work cross-functionally with our Business Development, Compliance and Customer Support teams to provide assistance with requests specific to our institutional clients.
This position is full-time at Gemini’s offices in New York City once it is safe to return to the workplace, and will report to the Institutional Customer Experience Manager.
- Vital contributor to the onboarding process for new institutional clients, which includes:
- Serving as the initial point of contact for onboarding of institutional clients
- Ensuring that onboarding documents are complete and collected in a timely manner
- Ensuring best practices for high-touch interaction between institutional clients, Business Development/Sales and the broader Customer Support teams
- Performing customer due diligence and account creation for institutional customers identified as low or medium risk
Identifying and escalating high risk institutional customers to Compliance for enhanced due diligence
- Identifying and escalating high value clients and strategic partners to Business Development/Sales
- Collaborate with Business Development/Sales and Product teams to support wealth management clients and their respective customer base.
- Partnering with the Compliance Account Review team during the monthly account recertification process, which includes:
- Populating account recertification forms with the current customer information on file
- Communicating directly with customers to ensure accuracy of information as well as timely completion of the recertification process
- Assisting the Retail Customer Support team as needed with customer outreach and issue resolution
- Experience with client onboarding and KYC/customer due diligence processes
- Understanding of business organizational structures and various types of corporate documents
- A strong desire to create positive and meaningful interactions with clients
- Strong organizational skills and high attention to detail
- Confident verbal communication and polished written communication
- Experience/proficiency with G Suite (especially Drive, Docs, and Sheets)
- Some experience with:
- Microsoft Excel
- Salesforce or other CRM platforms
It Pays to Work Here
We take a holistic approach to compensation at Gemini, which includes:
- Competitive Compensation and Profit-Sharing Equity
- Flexible vacation policy
- Retirement Plan Matching
- Generous Parental leave
- Comprehensive health plans
- Training and professional development
At Gemini, we strive to build diverse teams that reflect the people we want to empower through our products, and we are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, or Veteran status. Equal Opportunity is the Law, and Gemini is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and affirmative action employer. If you have a specific need that requires accommodation, please let a member of the People Team know.