Associate Manager, Business Operations and Strategy at Rent the Runway
At Rent the Runway, our mission is to make women feel empowered and self-confident every single day by combining best in class technology, logistics, and customer service. Since our launch in 2009, we’ve developed proprietary technology, a one-of-a-kind reverse logistics operation, stores of the future, a viral brand, relationships with hundreds of fashion designers - and we are passionate about continuing to innovate our customer experience. We have pioneered the closet in the cloud and believe that every person globally will soon have a subscription to fashion. We are proud to be both a profitable and fast-growing business, with 11 million members of our community who believe that rental is the future.About the Team:
The Business Operations & Strategy team implements strategic initiatives with the aim of scaling Rent the Runway. We lead cross-functional groups to execute projects that help Rent the Runway improve and grow our operation.
About the Role:
The Associate Manager, Business Operations & Strategy is responsible for cross-functional, data-driven project management and execution of strategic initiatives at Rent the Runway. The primary focus is expanding our network, including the scaling of our existing facilities through innovation and automation as well as the potential launch of a new dream fulfillment centers. You will work internal cross-functional teams, including operations, analytics, product, engineering, finance, legal and human resources, among others. You will also be responsible for managing and coordinating external vendors on various work streams.
The right candidate will have demonstrated experience project managing large scale projects with both internal and external stakeholders. Strong preference for experience in the launch and/or expansions of sites and facilities.
In addition to monitoring day-to-day performance of expansion efforts, driving analyses to make key decisions and helping manage budgets, this role will also identify future areas of opportunity and trends in the business. As Rent the Runway continues to innovate, this role will be on the front lines of our network strategy.
This Associate Manager, Business Operations & Strategy will play an important role in a variety of projects related to the growth and future potential of Rent the Runway, including our fulfillment network, partnerships, category innovation, and new markets.
- You’ll liaise with cross-functional teams on various projects, including product & engineering, operations, legal, human resources, procurement & information technology
- You’ll manage external vendors
- You’ll perform data-driven analyses to drive decision-making
- You’ll provide structure and organization to projects by identifying risks, action items and key decisions
- You’ll lead meetings and working sessions with members of various teams and seniority
- You’ prepare and provide updates on project status to management as needed
- You’ll research competition in market and make recommendations to meet or exceed competition
- You have the ability to influence cross-functional teams of subject matter experts, as well as business team leads and project/program managers
- You’ve demonstrated 3-5 years of experience with large scale project management
- You have the ability to perform, summarize and present dynamic data-driving analyses
- You are able and willing to think and act strategically and tactically
What You’ll Do:
- Demonstrated strong organizational skills, particularly with multiple large work streams
- An innate sense of curiosity and desire to solve problems, make decisions and take action on both an individual and collaborative basis
- Willingness and interest in digging into complex operational challenges
- The proven ability to manage multifaceted projects to meet objectives, while balancing and prioritizing across multiple projects
- Strong communication skills across multiple mediums and able to provide clear, concise information to key stakeholders on various teams
- A strong attention to detail, as well as an understanding of the big picture
- A “do whatever it takes” attitude and are ready to jump in; no task is too big or too small
At Rent the Runway, we’re committed to the happiness and wellbeing of our employees, and aim to create a workplace that fosters both personal and professional growth. Our benefits include, but are not limited to:
- Generous Paid Time Off including vacation, paid bereavement, and family sick leave - every employee needs time to take care of themselves and their family.
- Universal Paid Parental Leave for both parents + flexible return to work program - because we know your newest family member(s) deserve your undivided attention.
- Paid Sabbatical after 5 years of continuous service - Unplug, recharge, and have some fun! .
- Comprehensive health, vision, dental, FSA and dependent care from day 1 of employment - Your health comes first and we’ve got you covered.
- Industry leading 401k match - an investment in your future.