Associate Manager, Revenue at Rent the Runway
Rent the Runway (RTR) is transforming the way we get dressed by pioneering the world’s first Closet in the Cloud. Founded in 2009, RTR has disrupted the $2.4 trillion fashion industry by inspiring women with a more joyful, sustainable and financially-savvy way to feel their best every day. As the ultimate destination for circular fashion, the brand now offers infinite points of access to its shared closet via a fully customizable subscription to fashion, one-time rental or ownership. RTR offers designer apparel, accessories and home decor from 700+ brand partners and has built in-house proprietary technology and a one-of-a-kind reverse logistics operation. Under CEO and Co-Founder Jennifer Hyman’s leadership, RTR has been named to CNBC’s “Disruptor 50” five times in ten years, and has been placed on Fast Company’s Most Innovative Companies list multiple times, while Hyman herself has been named to the “TIME 100” most influential people in the world and as one of People magazine’s “Women Changing the World.”
About the Position:
Rent the Runway is looking for an Associate Manager to join the Revenue team. You should be a self-starter with immense curiosity and strong analytical skills as well as an interest and/or background in e-commerce and direct-to-consumer sales. This is an ideal role for someone who wants to work as a high-impact individual contributor in a fast-paced, highly collaborative, and data conscious environment. In this role, you are directly contributing to the company’s success by identifying, structuring, analyzing, and recommending solutions to our biggest strategic questions. Your work will help ensure that we are becoming the leading circular fashion platform.
As an Associate Manager on the Revenue team, you will be responsible for generating insights that shape strategic decisions related to driving revenue growth, customer acquisition and retention within the Consumer organization. You should be highly comfortable synthesizing data into insights and communicating them to cross-functional stakeholders. You will build and forge strong connections with the Data/Analytics, Finance, Marketing and Product functions within RTR and be a driver of strategies within the Revenue team and broader cross-functional Consumer organization.
What You'll Do:
- Perform and leverage data-driven analyses to support and develop business strategy and decision making
- Monitor business performance across key metrics (program, channel, customer segment, etc.) and develop plans to drive customer and revenue growth
- Collaborate with cross-functional stakeholders to deliver on business strategies and execute growth- and/or retention-related initiatives
- Identify issues, develop hypotheses, and execute in-depth analyses and financial models to translate data into relevant insights and make recommendations to Rent the Runway’s leadership team based on your findings
- Bachelor’s degree in Mathematics, Statistics, Economics, Technology, Finance, Business or related fields
- 3+ years work experience, with preference for consumer tech companies, management consulting or banking
- Ability to run independent analyses and access data via SQL to perform those analyses
- 2+ years of hands-on experience with using relational databases and writing queries in SQL
- Experience with business intelligence tools such as Tableau and/or Looker
- You have excellent interpersonal, listening, and communication skills - you can use verbal and written communication to express ideas clearly, and succinctly , including slide composition
At Rent the Runway, we’re committed to the wellbeing of our employees, and aim to create a workplace that fosters both personal and professional growth. Our inclusive benefits include, but are not limited to:
- Paid Time Off including vacation, paid bereavement, and family sick leave - every employee needs time to take care of themselves and their family.
- Universal Paid Parental Leave for both parents + flexible return to work program - because we know your newest family member(s) deserve your undivided attention.
- Paid Sabbatical after 5 years of continuous service - Unplug, recharge, and have some fun!
- Exclusive employee subscription and rental discounts - to ensure you experience the magic of renting the runway (and give us valued feedback!).
- Comprehensive health, vision, dental, FSA and dependent care from day 1 of employment - Your health comes first and we’ve got you covered.
- 401k match - an investment in your future.
- Company wide events and outings - our team spirit is no joke - we know how to have fun!
- Hybrid Work - when our corporate employees return to the office post COVID they will have the option to work remotely 2-3 days a week, in accordance with Company policies.
Rent the Runway is an equal opportunity employer. In accordance with applicable law, we prohibit discrimination against any applicant or employee based on any legally-recognized basis, including, but not limited to: race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, lactation, childbirth or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, age (40 and over), national origin or ancestry, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, genetic information (including testing and characteristics), veteran status, uniformed service member status or any other status protected by federal, state or local law.