Cityblock Health is the first tech-driven provider for communities with complex needs—bringing better care to where it’s needed most, block by block. Founded in 2017 on the premise that “health is local” and based in Brooklyn, we are backed by Alphabet’s Sidewalk Labs along with some of the top healthcare investors in the country.
Our mission is to improve the health of underserved communities. Importantly, our solutions are designed specifically for Medicaid and lower-income Medicare beneficiaries, and we meet our members where they are, bringing care into the home and neighborhoods through our community-based care teams and Virtual Care offerings.
In close collaboration with community-based organizations, local providers, and leading health plans, we are reorganizing the health system to focus on what matters to our members. Equipped with world-class, custom care delivery technology, we deliver personalized primary care, behavioral health, and social services to deliver a radically better experience of care for every member and community we serve.
Over the next year, we’ll grow quickly to bring better care to many more members and their communities. To do this, we need people who, like us, believe that everyone should have good care for what matters to them, in their community.
Our work is grounded in a belief in the power of a diverse community. To close gaps in care and advance equity in the communities we serve, we have to start with making our own team diverse and inclusive. Our ways of working are characterized by creativity, collaboration, and mutual learning that comes from bringing together a community from diverse backgrounds and perspectives. We strive to ensure that every person on the Cityblock team, and every Cityblock member, feels supported and included as a part of our community.
- Aim for Understanding
- Be All In
- Bring Your Whole Self
- Lean Into Discomfort
- Put Members First
About the Role:
As a member of the Practice Operations group on the New Markets and Implementation team, the Associate contributes to developing, standardizing, and scaling fundamental operating principles as part of our new market implementation projects. This work includes developing clinical and operational workflows to support best practices, ensuring the safety and quality of care for our members, and positively impacting the experience of our care teams. The Associate has a deep empathy for our members and builds processes that ensure they are treated with respect, dignity, and always feel at home with Cityblock.
In this role, you will work with the implementation team to establish standards of practice that ensure the operational engine of Cityblock’s care model maintains a high level of execution. These projects will include:
- The development of operational workflows that support care delivery infrastructure
- Building policies and procedures related to regulatory requirements
- Implementing and optimizing EMR and practice management systems
- Establishing facility supplies and inventory management processes
- Implementing new vendor integrations and managing relationships
The product of this work will be a practice operations playbook which can be used to scale operations in new market launches, as well as expansions in existing markets. It is an opportunity to learn the Cityblock operating model from the ground up and contribute to building a program that operationalizes value based care to deliver excellent health outcomes and high quality care at a lower cost.
If you like solving hard problems and are excited about joining an organization that will drive significant change in the healthcare industry, and are an amazing teammate, then we want to hear from you!
Requirements for the Role:
- 1+ years of experience managing operations in a healthcare facility (e.g., ambulatory practice, community health center, hospital system)
- You are a systems thinker with a continuous improvement mindset
- You are deeply curious and eager to learn how complex operations can be established and improved upon
- You are a data-driven thinker and decision-maker who enjoys building processes and playbooks
- You understand how to build an minimally viable product that can handed off and scaled
- You thrive in scoping ambiguous problem spaces to drive a cross-functional team toward
- You can navigate fast-paced, cross-functional work environments, with an ability to prioritize action items
- You can apply organic frameworks to organize and communicate complex information to wide audiences
- You enjoy and are proficient using documents, slides, and spreadsheets to organize, communicate, and present ideas
- You understand how to build an MVP that can be handed off and scaled
How We Define Success:
- You contribute to ensuring the operating components of Cityblock’s care model facilitate achieving stated clinical goals and patient outcomes, including:
- Facility-based and regulatory requirements, such as CLIA licensure, signage, and availability of member-facing materials
- Expansion of vendor integration and relationships in new markets, related to medical equipment, supplies, pharmaceuticals, lab services, transportation, translation, and medical waste processes
- Implementation of clinical operations systems, including Elation (EMR) and PracticeSuite (scheduling and billing)
- Implementation of Cityblock’s procurement and inventory management system to ensure initial medical supplies are available to care teams, compliant with storage protocols
- Creation and adoption of Cityblock’s clinical and administrative workflows, including appointment scheduling, pre-vist reminders, check-in and intake, rooming, post-visit referrals, and follow up appointment scheduling
- You successfully execute ownership of a deliverable, workstream, or functional area within practice operations for a new market or expansion implementation
- You consistently make progress against timelines and deliverables, with the ability to re-prioritize based on needs of the overall implementation
- You proactively identify, escalate, and mitigate risks that arise within your given deliverable or workstream
- You contribute to developing and presenting collateral for onboarding, training, and ongoing knowledge management to support continued practice operations
- You effectively work with Cityblock’s data and analytics organization to build out metrics and dashboards that support ongoing monitoring of practice operations, including working with the EMR and Cityblock’s reporting tools to develop ongoing and adhoc reports
- You contribute to building the practice operations playbook that market-based operators can carry forward, incorporating best practices and lessons learned
Nice to have but not required:
- Bachelor’s degree
- Experience with electronic medical records, practice management systems, population health systems, or revenue cycle management systems
- Experience with using project management tools (e.g., Asana, Trello, ClickUp, Monday, etc.)
- Experience in a high growth technology company
What We’d Like From You:
- A resume and/or LinkedIn profile
- A short cover letter, please!
Cityblock values diversity as a core tenet of the work we do and the populations we serve. We are an equal opportunity employer, indiscriminate of race, religion, ethnicity, national origin, citizenship, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, veteran status, disability, genetic information, or any other protected characteristic.
We do not accept unsolicited resumes from outside recruiters/placement agencies. Cityblock will not pay fees associated with resumes presented through unsolicited means.
Covid 19 Update - Please Read: