Associate Program (January 2020)
Available Start Dates: January 2020
Associate – Client Service Team
What should the start of your career look like? Do you look for an introduction to the world of business and exposure to a wide variety of industries? A role offering autonomy and measurable personal impact? A clear path towards leading your own team and managing blue-chip client relationships in two years’ time? Running your own multimillion-dollar book of business in five years?
If this resonates with you, read on.
AlphaSights is the world’s knowledge partner, comprised of ambitious professionals committed to accelerating progress for our clients and our people alike. From the moment you join us as an Associate, you’ll have significant autonomy and personal responsibility. You’ll receive training and professional development opportunities to help you excel in your role. Hard work, drive, and a commitment to delivering results will put you on a path to becoming a Manager in around two years from joining us, and a Vice President in around five.
All along, you’ll be working in the company of like-minded, driven colleagues from across the globe: we work as one global team that’s dedicated to growing our business, improving ourselves, supporting one another, and celebrating wins together. Our alumni go on to join some of the world’s most prestigious companies or pursue further study at top graduate schools.
AlphaSights provides global investment and business professionals with on-demand access to business expertise across all industries and geographies. Through AlphaSights, decision makers from investment management, private equity, management consulting, and corporates connect with a dynamic network of industry experts that provide qualitative and quantitative market insights, industry expertise, and execution support. Leveraging cutting-edge technology and our global team of 700+ professionals in nine offices on three continents, we support our clients 24/7 around the globe. AlphaSights regularly ranks as one of the fastest-growing companies in the world. Learn more at alphasights.com.
As an Associate, you’ll act as the connection point between our clients and industry experts. Your role is to understand clients’ knowledge gaps and identify experts with the knowledge that can address them. You’ll need to think quickly yet critically, conduct high-level research on companies and industries, and identify the world’s best experts with the right experience and insights to address our clients’ questions. You’ll spend considerable time on phone and email reaching out to people and assessing whether they possess the knowledge our clients seek, and you’ll connect qualified experts to our clients.
Working on several client requests at once, you’ll quickly develop effective project, client, communication, and time management skills. This is a fast-paced, commercial role with a clear focus on results and revenue generation, and Associates who succeed at AlphaSights often embark on successful careers in commercial and operational leadership.
Find out more about the AlphaSights career path here.
What We Look For
AlphaSights welcomes candidates with different backgrounds and experiences. Here are some qualities that many of our successful applicants possess:
- Strong academic credentials gained from any undergraduate major
- Innate curiosity and excitement about the world of business, ideally evidenced through choice of undergraduate degree, past internships, etc.
- High levels of extracurricular involvement and leadership
- A client-first mindset, which means a relentless commitment to work on clients’ behalf and surpass their expectations
- The drive and resilience to deliver excellent service amidst tight timelines and changing circumstances
- Growth mindset: the ability to develop in your role over time and view setbacks as learning opportunities
What You Can Expect
- A fast-paced environment with measurable deliverables and a focus on results
- The opportunity to gain transferable skills, including results-oriented research, sales, negotiation, commercial acumen, professional communication, and project and time management
- A team-oriented, strongly supportive culture emphasizing transparency, continuous feedback, professional development, and celebrating wins
- A professional development team that works to ensure that you’re supported and on a clear career trajectory both within our firm and beyond
- Comprehensive medical benefits (health, vision, and dental)
- Subsidized lunch program, corporate gym discounts, monthly team events, free breakfast & snacks
- 0-3 years work experience
- Bachelor's degree, with strong academic credentials and noteworthy extracurricular leadership
- Fluency in English is essential. Fluency in a relevant foreign language is a plus
- We hire on a rolling basis until our program is full
- Returning Summer Associates and early hires will have a choice between available start dates
AlphaSights is an equal opportunity employer.
Please note that unfortunately we are unable to sponsor visas for this position.