Associate Support Manager
Getting together with real people in real life makes powerful things happen. Side hustles become careers, ideas become movements, and chance encounters become lifelong connections. At Meetup, you’ll help create the future of real community—a future where people show up, do things, and actually talk. Join us - we need your help.
Meetup's Community Experience team is a diverse, creative group that knows every nook and cranny of Meetup, and we use that knowledge to coach and support Meetup members around the world. To keep the Meetup ecosystem humming, the team engages with hundreds of community members every day - we answer questions, offer advice, hunt down defects, and reinforce Meetup's Community Guidelines. We share this by sharing product feedback with Meetup's Product Managers and presenting community highlights to the entire team at Meetup.
As an Associate Support Manager, you will lead a team of Community Specialists who are focused on supporting Meetuppers around the world. You will be responsible for the team’s metrics, company contributions, professional development, and culture, and ensure daily operational success while planning for future growth. You are a supportive and inspirational leader with 2+ years of management experience in Operations, Analytics, Project Management, queue management or customer support.
Here’s what you’ll do:
- Lead a team of 8-10 Community Specialists to successfully build relationships, collect feedback, and respond to our community of Meetupers
- Lead the team with vision and purpose, always connecting your specialists to the larger company vision and what happens in real life
- Create and embody a team culture of high expectations and personal accountability
- Encourage and support the team in continually evolving to meet the needs of Meetup, its organizers, and its members
- Scale team workflows as we grow, with an eye and emphasis on international growth
- Analyze complex support flows and provide recommendations for Meetup’s community support processes, policies, and product improvements
- Analyze customer satisfaction trends and assist in building team behaviors that increase satisfaction
- Track and analyze key operational metrics to deeply understand the support ecosystem and help determine where to focus optimization efforts
- Maintain and improve systems for measuring and tracking individual and team quality and productivity, while continually innovating new ways of measuring success
- Hold the team accountable to daily, weekly and monthly metrics of success
- Assist the team in defining priorities and time management
- Successfully resolve escalated cases
- Provide consistent and enriching developmental leadership to direct reports
- Hold direct reports accountable to expectations of role through performance management
This might be the role for you if you:
- Are an effective, responsible and inspirational team leader
- Have experience managing a team of 5+ people that consistently overperforms
- Have created and maintained a positive service team culture
- Are able to take on additional projects related to the overall team success
- Are passionate about, and understand the importance of, a positive member experience
- Operate at a high level and have high emotional intelligence
- View challenges as opportunities
- Look for new ways to learn and innovate systems to make them better
- Understand that support is an opportunity to build a relationship with members
- Have a background in community engagement, content creation or support
Our team is bold, supportive, and passionate about bringing people together in real life to create community for everyone. We care about moving fast, real-world change, and building diverse, dynamic teams. You in?