We're looking for an Associate Technical Support Engineer to help us accomplish our mission to improve lives by learning from the experience of every cancer patient. Here's what you need to know about the role, our team, and why Flatiron Health is the right next step in your career.
What You'll Do
In this role, you'll work with the Provider Software Technical Support Engineering Team to act as the voice of the customer, bridging the gap between product, engineering, and client facing teams. You'll focus on ensuring a smooth client experience by tackling high priority issues and driving resolution of technical escalations. In addition, you'll also:
- Investigate and support resolution of technical customer escalations and ensure application stability for Flatiron clients
- Develop workflow and technical expertise to become a product expert
- Work with technical support engineers, as well as product and engineering teams to investigate, prioritize, track, and resolve application issues through clearly defined steps for reproducibility and recommended corrective actions/fixes
- Use SQL and other data processing tools to understand feature usage and make informed decisions, and take corrective steps in instances that require data updates, edits, or corrections
- Use data analysis techniques to measure the impact of product defects
In this role, you’ll have the opportunity to learn the ins and outs of the application and technical infrastructure from experienced team members. You’ll work directly with clients, customer support representatives, account managers, and engineers to deliver the best possible product to our clients.
Who You Are
You're a highly collaborative strategic thinker with exposure to programming. You're excited by the prospect of rolling up your sleeves to tackle meaningful problems each and every day. You’re a kind, passionate, and determined problem-solver who seeks and gives candid feedback, and values the chance to make an important impact.
- Bachelor’s degree
- Polished written and spoken communication skills and the ability to explain technical topics to non-technical audiences
- Ability to develop hypotheses with limited information to quickly solve ambiguous or complex problems
- Manage and communicate with stakeholders while driving issue resolution and advocating for clients
- Ability to learn SQL and other programming languages.
- Occasional travel
If this sounds like you, you'll fit right in at Flatiron.
- Technical degree (computer science or engineering)
- Previous professional experience in the medical field, particularly working with EMRs and/or medical billing software
- Previous professional experience working with agile scrum software engineering teams
- Experience working with relational databases and SQL
- Experience working with web applications and high-level languages
Why You Should Join Our Team
A career at Flatiron is a chance to work with everyone involved in the future of cancer care and research—all under one roof. Researchers, data scientists, designers, clinicians, technologists and many more all work together to improve cancer care and accelerate research.
You'll also find a culture of continuous learning, broad and inclusive employee support offerings, and a commitment to supporting our team members in all aspects of their lives—at home, at work and everywhere in between. We offer:
- Flatiron University training curriculum which includes presentation skills, meeting mastery, coding languages and more
- Career coaching opportunities
- Hackathons for all employees (not just our engineers!)
- Professional development benefit for attending conferences, industry events and external courses
- Work/life autonomy via flexible work hours and flexible paid time off
- Generous parental leave (16 weeks for either parent)
- Back-up child care
- Flatiron-sponsored fitness classes
Flatiron Health is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity employer.
We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.