A/V Engineer at Justworks
At Justworks, you will enjoy a welcoming and casual environment, great benefits, Diversity + Inclusion and wellness program offerings, company retreats, and the ability to interact with and learn from leaders in the startup community. We work hard and care about our most prized asset - our people.
We are helping businesses get off the ground by enabling them to focus on running their business. We solve HR issues. We are data-driven and we never stop iterating. If you’d like to work in a supportive, entrepreneurial environment, are interested in building something meaningful and have fun while doing it, we’d love to hear from you.The job
Justworks is seeking an Audio/Visual Engineer to join our team. As a successful candidate, you have demonstrated the ability to provision, configure, deploy and maintain AV systems for events and conferencing. You have worked within a customer service-driven environment and know how to execute technically as well as communicate empathetically. You understand and are passionate about owning AV as a core offering for our employee experience and as a path into the future of a cooperative work environment.
We use a combination of various hardware and software products to support the business, so the best candidates will have a blend of broad general knowledge of the AV landscape as well as some areas of deep expertise in live production and AV equipment.Who you are
- 2-4 years of AV Technology experience working in both a studio and live events production. Experience working in a ‘control room-like’ production setting is essential
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills required, including the ability to write email correspondence with appropriate style and tone.
- Must possess a strong customer service ethic and situational awareness
- Demonstrates ability to perform tasks under tight deadlines, work independently, and manage simultaneous projects. Strong problem-solving and troubleshooting skills
- Knowledge and experience with multi-camera and multi-microphone techniques, digital consoles, signal processing, signal flow, and gain structure.
- Familiarity with relevant networking technology required, e.g., Dante.
- Experience with industry-standard audio and video workstation software and hardware, such as ATEM, Adobe Premiere, Matrox, Crestron, etc
- Experience with contemporary teleconferencing technologies like Zoom
- Experience designing AV wiring and signal workflows for production facilities.
- Drive Conferencing technology into the future
- Provide set-up and support of laptops, projectors, microphones, lighting, and sound systems within conference rooms, training rooms and public assembly.
- Configures room set-ups for meetings of various sizes including set-up, operation, and maintenance.
- Lead and deliver audio and video solutions alongside IT engineers for in-house Events and Productions
- Maintain a detailed and accurate inventory of all AV equipment
- Manage the design, operation, maintenance, improvement, and storage of equipment.
- Provide technical assistance, training, and mentorship to IT engineers
- Supervise and perform basic maintenance on audio, video, and related network equipment.
- Work closely with IT to ensure efficient and high-performance interoperability with the local corporate network
- Troubleshoot studio cameras, confidence monitors, audio, wiring and ethernet connections in production spaces.
- Manage relationships and ongoing equipment excellence with AV vendors
- Coordinate shipping and receiving of units requiring repair.
- Maintain repair records of all equipment and systems.
- Assist the IT Manager in establishing technical goals, direction, and budget for the AV program
- Evangelize the ideal techniques and best practices to Talent using the equipment e.g. microphone technique
- Engineer audio and video recordings and live sound
- Record and/or edit audio and video recordings of employees and visiting guests at the highest professional level.
- Operate video switcher for multi-camera video recording and live streaming of internal trainings, internal meetings, and events.
- Troubleshoot audio and video equipment during sound checks and live productions.
- Assist with setups when technical expertise and advice is required.
Visa sponsorship for this role is currently not available.
Diversity at Justworks
Justworks’ vision is for all identities, backgrounds, and expressions to be represented in the workplace. We're building the foundation for long-term success and intend to cultivate a safe, collaborative and inclusive space and company culture.
We’re proud to be an equal opportunity employer open to all qualified applicants regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or expression, Veteran status, or any other legally protected status.