Background Check Program Manager at Gemini
Empower the Individual Through Crypto
Gemini is a crypto exchange and custodian that allows customers to buy, sell, store, and earn more than 30 cryptocurrencies like bitcoin, bitcoin cash, ether, litecoin, and Zcash. Gemini is a New York trust company that is subject to the capital reserve requirements, cybersecurity requirements, and banking compliance standards set forth by the New York State Department of Financial Services and the New York Banking Law. Gemini was founded in 2014 by twin brothers Cameron and Tyler Winklevoss to empower the individual through crypto.
Crypto is about giving you greater choice, independence, and opportunity. We are here to help you on your journey. We build crypto products that are simple, elegant, and secure. Whether you are an individual or an institution, we want to help you buy, sell, and store your bitcoin and cryptocurrency. Crypto is not just a technology, it's a movement.
At Gemini, our mission is to empower the individual and that includes giving our employees flexibility of choice — our Office Optional Policy allows employees to choose to work from one of our physical locations or from home.
Select roles that are location-specific will still be eligible for flexible schedules.
The Department: People
The People Team at Gemini are thought partners, business influencers, and ambassadors for Gemini's company values. Our collaborative team is comprised of recruiters, program managers, and human resources specialists. As a member of the People Team, you’ll be on the ground floor of a quickly growing organization, with the opportunity to create best-in-class processes and programs that find, grow, and retain amazing talent at Gemini.
The Role: Senior Associate, Employment Screening (Background Check Specialist)
As Gemini continues to grow, the pace and volume of hiring full time employees across our global footprint is increasing. Gemini is seeking a Senior Associate, Employment Screening, to manage the background check process in its entirety, from the day-to-day processing of checks, to the exact process through which we initiate, track, analyze, and ultimately make decisions related to background check reports. As a regulated company that's deeply committed to the quality of its hires, background checks are a critical part of Gemini's Talent Acquisition process, and as such, we are looking for someone who understands the importance of Employment Screening and brings strong experience and interest in this domain.
This role will report into Gemini's Talent Strategy & Operations lead. While the majority of Gemini's hiring is US-based, this role will manage Employment Screening for all of Gemini's global hiring.
- Partner with members of our Talent organization and third party vendor to initiate background checks for full time candidates in the U.S. and in Gemini’s international locations
- Create frameworks for decision-making based on results within a background check related to escalations, remediation, clearing, etc.
- Monitor and manage active checks to ensure progression to completion
- Work directly with candidates to investigate and analyze discrepancies
- Conduct detailed analysis of all components of background check including employment, education, social media, criminal, credit, and financial database searches.
- Drive and coordinate escalations to Talent Acquisition leadership, People Operations, and Legal
- Work closely with third party vendor account reps to remediate any issues related to the platform and the service it provides to Gemini
- Prepare and update background check status reports for members of the Talent team
- Participate in internal business reviews with vendor and key stakeholders
- Partner closely with Talent Strategy & Operations to ensure best practices are in place related to background checks
- Maintain detailed, audit-ready files and documentation
- Providing detailed ad-hoc reporting on status of background checks for a variety of internal stakeholders, including responding to requests for data for internal and external audits
- Document and clearly communicate process changes to stakeholders across the Talent, People Ops, and Legal teams
- Exercise complete discretion; adhere to guidelines regarding confidential and sensitive information
- 3-5+ years experience of Pre-Employment Screening, as a member of HR, a Paralegal, or other Risk Management operational processes
- Analytical skills/experience
- High degree of discretion; ability to appropriately manage confidential information
- Excellent attention to detail
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills
- Proactive approach with regards to developing systems and processes to drive quality and efficiency
- Excellent knowledge of the Google Suite, including Sheets and Docs
- Experience coordinating amongst various stakeholders with differing objectives and perspectives, including Legal, HR, and Recruiting
- Flexibility and ability to manage several projects/priorities in a very fast-paced environment
- Interact with various levels of clients and manage expectations
It Pays to Work Here
We take a holistic approach to compensation at Gemini, which includes:
- Competitive Compensation and Profit-Sharing Equity
- Flexible vacation policy
- Retirement Plan Matching
- Generous Parental leave
- Comprehensive health plans
- Training and professional development
At Gemini, we strive to build diverse teams that reflect the people we want to empower through our products, and we are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, or Veteran status. Equal Opportunity is the Law, and Gemini is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and affirmative action employer. If you have a specific need that requires accommodation, please let a member of the People Team know.