Benefits Operations Manager, Health
Who we are
At Justworks, you’ll enjoy a welcoming and casual environment, great benefits, wellness program offerings, company retreats, and the ability to interact with and learn from leaders in the startup community. We work hard and care about our most prized asset - our people.
We’re helping businesses get off the ground by enabling them to focus on running their business. We solve HR issues. We’re data driven and never stop iterating. If you’d like to work in a supportive, entrepreneurial environment, are interested in building something meaningful and having fun while doing it, we’d love to hear from you.
The job - Benefits Operations Manager, Health
Are you a motivated self-starter with great attention to detail? Do you enjoy working across teams to help create an amazing customer experience? Are you looking to break into the startup world with a company that has a proven track record of success? This role could be for you. Justworks is looking for an Operations Manager to join our Health Benefits team.
Justworks offers access to a wide range of benefits; from Medical, Dental and Vision insurance to 401(k) and a variety of perks. In this position, you’ll own the day-to-day success of a number of different Benefit programs at Justworks, work with our Product and Engineering teams to improve existing systems, and help implement new Benefit offerings.
What you'll do
- Manage the operations for Medical, Dental, Vision, HSA/FSA & COBRA products as part of Justworks Benefits Program
- Work with third party vendors to resolve escalated issues and process exceptions
- Partner with our Product and Engineering teams to improve systems, diagnose bugs, and deploy solutions
- Identify pain points in benefit operations. Remediate issues by creating processes and maintaining operational tools.
- Execute regular external vendor reporting (COBRA, 401k Deferral files, Error reports, etc)
- Collect customer benefits data and other sensitive information through proprietary systems to enroll customers in third party service offerings
- Ensure scalability of processes by tracking errors
- Primary contact day-to-day with vendors
- Coordinate system implementation of new benefits
- Lead projects, such as new TPA selection and implementation, to improve benefit operations
- Maintain and execute regulatory requirements related to individual benefits
- Communicate changes in systems/procedures across teams
- Establish and maintain Vendor and internal partner SLAs
Who you are
- 4-Year College Degree
- 3+ Years in an Operations role required
- 1-2 Years of people and team management preferred
- SQL knowledge required
- Knowledge of Employer Sponsored Benefit Plans a plus
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Extremely detail-oriented with great time management skills
- Experience working in a fast-paced, data-driven environment
- Experience working cross-functionally
- Ability to work as part of a team
- Strong analytical and data management skills
- Strong project management and execution skills
- You like working with people and helping others solve problems
- You enjoy entrepreneurial environments and want to help build something meaningful
Visa sponsorship for this role is currently not available.
Diversity at Justworks
Justworks’ vision is for all identities, backgrounds and expressions to be represented in the workplace. We're building the foundation for long-term success and intend to cultivate a safe, collaborative and inclusive space and company culture.
We’re proud to be an equal opportunity employer open to all qualified applicants regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or expression, Veteran status, or any other legally protected status.