Bookmaking Regional Manager at Tipico
Tipico is expanding its operations in the US and we would like you to become a part of our success team.
We are Tipico, the biggest sports-betting operator in Germany and we have opened our first US office in Hoboken, NJ. Our goal is to amplify the emotions of millions of people experiencing sports every day. We are driven by our core values passion, progress and trust to secure the best possible product for our users.Job Description
Are you a sports fanatic? Are you trilled by sportsbook products? Do you love data and statistics?
If so, you are the at the right place! We are looking for people who want to build our organization and create the best sportsbook offer and product in the sports betting industry. We want innovators, we want doers!
This role will be instrumental in growing our organization and our sportsbook products. It will set the needs for the local consumer and will be responsible for making sure that the offer and features of our online sportsbook are not only fit for the market, but also compliant according to regulatory framework while standing out from the competition.
Getting into the business at such an early stage will allow you to be part of the product and bookmaking operations journey and deliver the best digital sportsbetting experience to our customers. This role will be critical in partnering with the best suppliers, scoping the bookmaking feature vision, and bringing in the local knowledge needed for a successful launch in the US market.
The Bookmaking Regional Manager will report directly to the Managing Director and work together with the rest of the management team and business operations. Some of the day to day tasks will involve:
- Key player in setting the short and the long term strategy and vision of the sportsbook offer and its features together with the Director of Bookmaking and Head of Trading with responsibilities also for the overarching margin reflected in the P&L.
- Be the point of contact for anything related to bookmaking and sportsbook product next to the operations in the USA.
- Monitor the competitive landscape and identify areas of opportunity, change and improvement.
- Non-core betting product features (stats, blog, add-ons, widgets etc.)
- Betting features
- Sports offer
- End to end responsibility for all USA specific sportsbook third parties.
- Working together with the PO Sportsbook & Bookmaking department to provide recommendations based on business cases for the addition of third-party products, other non-core products and providing business input to help optimizing the product for the local market.
- Working together with the Director of Bookmaking, Head of Trading and Risk & Trading Operations Manager in Colombia to ensure that our sportsbook offer is competitive, compliant and optimized for the local market in terms of sports, events and markets offered (including special bets) with this reflecting in the P&L. Also, ownership and signing off margin budgets and KPIs.
- Working together with the Marketing Manager on bonus campaigns to ensure an attractive bonus offer.
- Manage customer research activities. Analyze and implement effective strategies to improve the product and ensure that we are completely in sync with the local customers’ needs.
- Produce and deliver presentations on product strategy with a focus on localization of the product.
- Make sure our sportsbook offer and features are compliant, be the main person of contact for sportsbook related queries and processes to the DGE.
- A Bachelor's degree or a related field from four-year college or university
- Minimum of 3-5+ years’ experience from broad sportsbook roles with focus on US sports
- You are slightly obsessive-compulsive when it comes to customer experience with the ability to empathize with customer motivations and desires
- Strong business focus with the ability to provide data driven business insights and recommendations
- Experience working for a sports betting provider active on the US market in product or trading, or work experience in a related field such as Daily Fantasy or other US Sports focussed digital product/iGaming provider
- Knowledge about and experience with sports betting
- Sports enthusiast with passion for US Sports
- Deep knowledge and understanding of the US Sports culture
- You have excellent negotiation, communications and relationship building skills, both internally and externally focused
- Able to build and understand cost and/or financial models associated with sportsbook P&L
- You are a self-starter, who has a high degree of motivation to work in a fast-paced environment
- You can drive innovation and develop new concepts across product verticals
- Flexible for traveling, within and outside the US
- Work in an environment where you, your work and ideas matter and have an impact
- Be part of the first in the new and upcoming USA online sportsbetting market
- Work in a new and young business with high potential and growth
- Build your own success story together with us
- Start-up feeling, backed-up by the group. Leading European sports betting house, this is a high-volume business and working
- Self-organized, self-responsible and entrepreneurial employees
- Medical, Optical, Dental Health Benefits