Brand Manager, Body Care (Flamingo) at Harry's Inc.
With well-designed products and honest conversations at its core, Flamingo launched in 2018 with a suite of products for body hair. Since then, we have expanded our assortment to be the first brand that offers products for every routine: razors, wax strips for face and body, shave gel, body lotion, and Mons Mist. In February 2019, Flamingo launched at Target stores nationwide, immediately jumping to the top of the bestseller list for razors, wax strips, and shave gel. Our products and campaigns have been covered by outlets like Vogue, Vanity Fair, Elle, and InStyle, and we’ve won major beauty accolades like Allure’s Best in Beauty and Self’s Healthy Beauty awards.
We’re committed to building healthy, positive relationships with our bodies and de-stigmatizing the conversation around women's health. Since launch, we have set aside 1% of all sales to support partners whose missions we believe in deeply, including Exhale to Inhale and PERIOD.
About the role
Flamingo is looking for an entrepreneurial, customer-centric brand manager to support the growth and expansion of our body care business. This role serves as the point person for day to day business management as well as spearheading key innovation initiatives enabling Flamingo’s growth and extensions into new categories. With the consumer at your core you will be mining for compelling opportunities to drive our body care business forward, and bringing those ideas to life and scaling them as part of a collaborative cross-functional team. We are looking for a true ownership mindset, someone who is excited about driving big commercial impact, building into whitespace and doing it as part of a collective effort.
What you will accomplish
- Be the go-to expert on all things body care. Deeply understand our target consumer’s evolving behaviors, emotions and needs in the space. Stay connected to emerging category trends, broader cultural trends, competitor dynamics and translate those insights into “so what’s” for Flamingo.
- Perform ongoing category analyses of Flamingo’s body care business and competitive performance to inform commercial go to market strategies, monthly forecasting inputs and P&L reviews, marketing plans, and longer term innovation roadmap.
- Approach key challenges and opportunities for the Flamingo Body Care business with an insights-led solutions approach across a variety of levers to drive the business forward across the four Ps.
- Work collaboratively across the organization, partnering to understand other team's needs and interdependencies, anticipate fire-drills before they happen, over-communicate. Lead status meetings, budget reviews, scoping sessions, etc. provide regular status reports, timelines and delivery calendars, risk/issues reports.
- Understand the external environment (competitive and market) and identify new sources of opportunity & threats by being the internal expert on the Flamingo target consumer, women’s body care more broadly to help inform commercial and marketing strategies and execution plans.
- Establish key jobs to be done, core insights into our consumer in this category and the distinct proposition that will excite them. Partner closely with IMC/marketing/creative to share insights and help bring key launches and moments to life.
This should describe you:
Highly customer-centric, you deeply invest in understanding the consumer, their needs, behaviors, emotions in the space and translate those insights into opportunities, and you are someone who pushes to 2nd, 3rd and 4th order consumer truths to find differentiated insights and ways in.
Culturally energized- voracious consumer of all going on in the category, culture, with guys so we can tap into leading edge trends
Analytical- comfortable digging into market data and business cases to guide recommendations
Creative Problem Solver - can bring fresh and new ideas and translate consumer and market opportunities into powerful ideas for our business, particularly around product innovation
Commercially-minded, you have a proven ability to drive insights into business impact. You are able to critically assess problems, thoughtfully frame and weigh trade-offs, bring data to bear to answer questions and develop an informed perspective on the path forward
Collaborator- Eager to partner with people across disciplines (DTC, creative, retail, insights) for successful and timely projects
Strong Storyteller & Communicator- Can build narratives that highlight key ideas, build business cases, and draw on consumer insights and brand strategy to build cases to internal stakeholders
A pragmatic do-er, you have the ability to be scrappy and creative with resources to maximize impact. You are able to work with imperfect information and are thoughtfully inclined towards action
Harry’s Inc. started in 2013 with simple, fairly priced products that delivered an amazing experience to guys every day. Since then, Harry’s expanded to the UK, developed relationships with retailers such as Target and Walmart, expanded our grooming brand into a personal care powerhouse, and launched a women’s brand called Flamingo.
The key to our success? Our amazing people. From chemists, mechanical engineers, CX associates, to creative directors, sourcing managers, and logistics specialists, Harry’s team is comprised of some of the most brilliant, diverse, and humble people you’ll ever meet.
Our brands answer unmet consumer needs, but our company is a place of inclusion and innovation that attracts some of the brightest minds across industries, geographies, and backgrounds. Whether we have a team of 3 or 300, our core values and our startup mentality remain; we value continuous improvement and learning, teamwork and collaboration, creative problem solving, and open and direct dialogue and feedback. Come for the coffee and free products, stay for the amazing, passionate culture.
Harry’s is committed to bringing together individuals from different backgrounds and perspectives. We strive to create an inclusive environment where everyone can thrive, feel a sense of belonging, and do great work together.
Harry’s is an Equal Opportunity Employer, providing equal employment and advancement opportunities to all individuals. We recruit, hire and promote into all job levels the most qualified applicants without regard to race, color, creed, national origin, religion, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth and related medical conditions), parental status, age, disability, genetic information, citizenship status, veteran status, gender identity or expression, transgender status, sexual orientation, marital, family or partnership status, political affiliation or activities, military service, domestic violence victim status, arrest/conviction record, sexual or reproductive health decisions, caregiver status, credit history immigration status, unemployment status, traits historically associated with race, including but not limited to hair texture and protective hairstyles or any other status protected under applicable federal, state and local laws. Harry’s commitment to providing equal employment opportunities extends to all aspects of employment, including job assignment, compensation, discipline and access to benefits and training.
We respect the laws enforced by the EEOC and are dedicated to going above and beyond in fostering diversity across our company.