Broadcast Engineer at Peloton (Greater NYC Area, NY)
Peloton is seeking an experienced Broadcast Engineer to join our growing content team here in our brand-new NY production facility. The Broadcast Engineer will join a growing team of skilled hybrid engineers responsible for supporting these facilities and maintaining the brand standard broadcast quality. The Broadcast Engineer will possess a broad technical skill set to perform maintenance, installation, system and potentially board level repair of broadcast and IT equipment in a fast-paced production environment. The position requires the ability to work on issues from the broad to the specific to isolate failures, configuration errors and implement operational changes as requested. The Broadcast Engineer must possess not only the technical skills to support live and recorded content but solid judgment to prioritize work. Strong communication skills are also essential within the engineering team and to serve our growing client base effectively.
- Perform preventative maintenance, troubleshooting and engineering updates at our NY city flagship studios as well as remote support for our London studios
- Flexible scheduling for onsite engineering during productions and off hours support
- Electronic maintenance and technical support for:
- Production control rooms, studios, edit suites, equipment rooms, cable ways /risers and internal / external display walls
- A/V routing systems, production switchers, cameras, audio mixers, graphics NLE systems, hardware and software codecs, embedding/processing gear, intercom & IFB, wireless RF systems, automation & transmission systems
- Construct and install various video, audio, ethernet, fiber and control cabling as needed
- Work collaboratively with our networking group for proper node alignments (subnets/ VLAN), secure remote connectivity, etc
- Ability to comprehend and update technical drawings in CAD, Visio, etc
- Utilize online tools to coordinate and track repairs and inventory needs. Coordinate with vendors for remote support, RMAs, and scheduled site visits.
- Provide technical insights and work collaboratively on projects to better secure and enhance our production/post/transmission capacities.
- 4-year BS degree in Electrical Engineering, Computer Science, Media Sciences, or a demonstrated level of equivalent professional experience
- 5+ Years of Broadcast Engineering in a live production / broadcast environment. Linear TV or Live Streaming.
- Must be knowledgeable in all areas of technical media production and familiar with studio production equipment including production switchers, audio mixers, CMS, DAM/MAM, Automation Systems, Video Servers, SAN/NAS storage, Intercom, RF Systems, codecs, terminal gear, NLE/compositing platforms, and reference / timing systems.
- Working knowledge of computer networking within broadcast/multimedia environments.
- Working knowledge, including configuration and troubleshooting, of Windows Server, Linux, and Mac OS platforms.
- Strong working knowledge of SD/HD/UHD & SDR/HDR video/audio as well as MPEG II, IV, HEVC, AVC, J2K, Dante.
- The ability to use and interpret video test equipment with critical eye towards maintaining standards compliance SMPTE 259/292/424/2082.
- Solid working knowledge of cable fabrication and installation techniques.
- Knowledge of ITSM/ITIL principles, AutoCAD, IPTV/CATV, power systems.
- Coding skills in XML / Python / C / Java / HTML are a plus
- Knowledge of virtualization, containerization and cloud are a plus
- Certifications such as SBE, IEEE, CCNA and CompTIA are a plus
- Working knowledge of DMX controlled systems a plus
- Ability to climb a ladder and carry 50Lbs
Peloton uses technology + design to connect the world through fitness, empowering people to be the best version of themselves anywhere, anytime. We have reinvented the fitness industry by developing a first-of-its-kind subscription platform. Seamlessly combining hardware, software, and streaming technology, we create digital fitness and wellness content and products that Members love. In 2020 Peloton committed to becoming an antiracist organization with the launch of the Peloton Pledge. Learn more, here.
Peloton is an equal opportunity employer and committed to creating an inclusive environment for all of our applicants. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. If you would like to request any accommodations from application through to interview, please email: [email protected]
Please be aware that fictitious job openings, consulting engagements, solicitations, or employment offers may be circulated on the Internet in an attempt to obtain privileged information, or to induce you to pay a fee for services related to recruitment or training. Peloton does NOT charge any application, processing, or training fee at any stage of the recruitment or hiring process. All genuine job openings will be posted here on our careers page and all communications from the Peloton recruiting team and/or hiring managers will be from an @onepeloton.com email address.
If you have any doubts about the authenticity of an email, letter or telephone communication purportedly from, for, or on behalf of Peloton, please email [email protected] before taking any further action in relation to the correspondence.
Peloton does not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Agencies should not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Peloton employees or any other organization location. Peloton is not responsible for any agency fees related to unsolicited resumes.