Broker/Dealer Operations Manager at Betterment
You are a process-driven individual who loves checking items off your to-do list. You are always thinking of ways to make complicated tasks more efficient, while keeping a keen eye on the big picture. You have a knack for foreseeing when a situation could be risky and resolving it quickly and appropriately.
You grasp complex topics quickly and are adept at thinking on your feet to solve problems in a creative and holistic manner. You are a strong communicator and an experienced people manager who enjoys interacting with other people to address any issue that comes your way. You take comfort in numbers and data-driven conclusions while possessing a strong intellectual curiosity for how things work. You are excited to support our customer operations team and play a crucial role in keeping our business growing and running smoothly.
At Betterment, our Operations team is keen on efficiency and iteration. We are talented and eager to learn from our colleagues, and to help make them better. There is no job too small for us; we are focused and we always strive for excellence.At Day in the Life:
- Run the daily operations of Betterment’s Broker/Dealer function, leading the team to:
- Review and process account transactions efficiently and accurately
- Monitor fraud risk across the business
- Oversee daily cash and equity reconciliation reports
- Field third party requests
- Manage a team of three Broker/Dealer Operations associates
- Serve as the ultimate point of escalation and resolution for all customer-related operational issues
- Suggest improvements to operational processes to increase efficiency and scalability
- Troubleshoot operational problems and collaborate with the engineering team to employ fixes
- Work with the Customer Experience team on operational topics to provide a unified customer experience
- Prior experience at a bank/financial institution in back-office operations, finance, investing, or business administration
- People management experience
- Proficiency with Excel/Google Sheets
- SQL experience
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail
- Ability to learn quickly and problem solve on the fly with little guidance
- Strong intuition to assess and resolve unclear situations with limited information
- Exceptional communication skills
Joining Betterment means joining a community of folks passionate about change, being on a team that cares for your health and well-being, and being on a journey of non-stop growth and evolution.
- You’ll join a Community:
- Betterment is a place to bring your best self. We welcome families (and pets) for all our activities such as lunches, company retreats, and celebrations.
- Make meaningful connections with your peers through interest groups, sports clubs, social events, meetups, and regular knowledge sharing.
- You’ll stay Happy and Healthy:
- Regardless of where you are, we will ensure you're well set up and cared for, through gym reimbursements, a customizable workstation, enrollment in our 401(k) service, flexible parental leave, and a whole suite of thoughtful benefits.
- You’ll have unlimited paid personal and vacation days, and a team that cares about your whole life, not just what you’re working on.
- You’ll Learn & Grow:
- Enhance your skills and abilities through Betterment University courses and additional spending for outside learning.
- Contribute to our knowledge and transparent workspace through mentoring and career coaching programs, weekly company meetings, show & tells and BetterDev.
Please note that Betterment is dedicated to providing accommodations to candidates with disabilities. If you need accommodations at any point throughout the interview process, please reach out to [email protected]About Betterment
Betterment is one of the largest independent online financial advisor with more than $22 billion in assets under management. The service is designed to help increase customers’ long-term returns and lower taxes for retirement planning, building wealth, and other financial goals. Betterment takes advanced investment strategies and uses technology to deliver them to more than 500,000 customers across its three business lines: direct-to-consumer, Betterment for Advisors, and Betterment for Business. Learn more.Come join us!
We’re an equal opportunity employer and comply with all applicable federal, state, and local fair employment practices laws. We strictly prohibit and do not tolerate discrimination against employees, applicants, or any other covered persons because of race, color, religion, creed, national origin or ancestry, ethnicity, sex, gender (including gender nonconformity and status as a transgender or transsexual individual), sexual orientation, marital status, age, physical or mental disability, citizenship, past, current or prospective service in the uniformed services, predisposing genetic characteristic, domestic violence victim status, arrest records, or any other characteristic protected under applicable federal, state or local law.