SmartAsset is looking for a Business Analyst to join our Finance and Operations team. An ideal candidate is self-motivated, independent, has a sharp attention to detail and expert-level data analysis skills, and has a background in business analytics or finance. This new role will gain a full understanding of our business to provide KPI/OKR transparency to leaders and lead strategic projects. This is a great opportunity for an individual looking to be part of an innovative and dynamic fintech startup.
- Support monthly KPI close process by aggregating various financial and operational data points from various internal teams
- Standardize a process to efficiently collect, store and report key internal and external KPI data.
- Work closely with senior management to support strategic projects across the organization, pertaining to growth opportunities, pricing/billing, procurement and cost savings opportunities.
- Manage key relationships with internal teams to assure accurate KPI data is gathered and consolidated
- Support the SVP of Finance with updating financial model and projections
- Assist with KPI and OKR alignment and communication
- Maintain process controls per GAAP and current audit policies
- Partner with internal teams to support various external diligence requests
- Support SVP Finance & CEO
- 2-5 years related experience
- Experience with Salesforce, SQL, Quickbooks, Bill.com a plus
- Experience with large dataset and commitment to data structure/accuracy
- Strong communication skills and a proactive attitude
- Experience with Excel and Google Sheets, including pivot tables, vlookups and data reconciliations
- Proactive attitude and interest in building efficiency and scaling operations
- Bachelor’s Degree in business, accounting or finance
- Virtual happy hours and team social activities
- Generous benefits package with cost of some medical and dental plans covered at 100%
- 401(k) plan with match that immediately vests
- Professional education reimbursement program
- Paid Parental Leave