Business Operations Manager at Tropic (Greater NYC Area, NY or Remote)
Tropic helps innovative companies save time and money by delivering unprecedented visibility and control over every dollar, every contract, and every supplier in one place. We're the spend management software, data, and services you can trust—we guarantee it. Tropic is procurement paradise, where your bottom line is our top priority.
We launched from stealth in 2020, raised $65 million in back-to-back Series A & B funding, grew 5X, were named a LinkedIn Top Startup, are building an incredible team and award-winning culture, and are managing over a billion dollars in spend for companies like DocuSign, Intercom, Notion, Plaid, & Greenhouse. Now is the perfect time to join. The best is yet to come! 🌴🚀
We are looking to hire someone based in New York, California, Texas, Georgia, Florida, New Jersey, Colorado, Illinois, Pennsylvania, Massachusetts, Utah, Washington, Tennessee, or North Carolina for this position.
About the Role
As a Business Operations Manager at Tropic, you will play a key role in Tropic’s growth. You will drive key strategic decisions via analysis, insight, and collaborative problem-solving, and you will take on operational responsibilities. You will work cross-functionally with the Data, Finance, Product, Partnerships, Sales, Marketing, and Customer Experience teams.
What You'll Do
- Become an expert on the procurement landscape, Tropic’s data, product, processes, and systems, and growth-stage B2B SaaS
- Support and own cross-functional projects, for example:
- Resourcing planning and allocation
- Incentive compensation design
- Tool selection and implementation
- Quarterly business review analysis
- TAM and expansion opportunity analysis
- New product and pricing analysis
- Develop strong and trusted relationships with key cross-functional stakeholders and senior leadership
What You’ve Done
- 2-3 years of consulting experience
- Structured thinker and problem solver with excellent analytical skills (expert in Powerpoint, Excel, Slides, and Sheets)
- Outcomes-oriented, adaptable to new challenges, flexible, and excited about quick cycles of analysis, decision, and action
- Ability to identify what’s important and prioritize competing workstreams
- Ability to work with cross-functional teams and communicate effectively with a wide range of stakeholders
Specific to pay transparency laws, the minimum annual salary for this position is $100,000 and may also include commission, incentive pay, incentive stock options, and benefits. The final job level and compensation will be determined by various factors such as a candidate's relevant work experience, years of relevant experience, skills, qualifications, certifications, geographic location, and other business considerations.
- Remote first work environment
- Optional offices in NYC, Atlanta, Austin, and Denver
- Virtual & in-person meetups
- 401k plan with 4% company matching
- 12 weeks of paid parental leave for all parents
- Unlimited flexible vacation and holiday time off
- 100% covered employee and family medical, dental & vision plans
- Annual learning and development stipend
- Annual WFH stipend
- Online mental health therapy
- Commuter benefits, FSA, HSA
- Award-winning values and culture
Research suggests that 60% of those identifying as under-represented might have talked themselves out of applying due to imposter syndrome or the confidence gap. If this applies to you, feel empowered to apply for this role even if your experience doesn't exactly match up to our job description (our job descriptions are directional and not perfect recipes for exactly what we need).
Tropic is an equal opportunity employer that supports workplace diversity and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, gender identity/expression, national origin, age, military service eligibility, veteran status, sexual orientation, marital status, physical or mental disability, or any other protected class. Tropic is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to applicants with physical and mental disabilities.