Business Operations Specialist at SIMON
Want to work at the forefront of a fast-growing and award winning FinTech company? With an incredible team and partners looking for innovative results, we’re rapidly growing and continue to add new asset classes to our offerings. We are on the lookout for smart and collaborative talent to join our team. As a cloud-based company, we are currently operating in a flexible and hybrid work model.
SIMON is seeking a resourceful, analytically minded, curious, and superbly organized Business Operations Specialist to join our Business Operations team. As a Business Operations Specialist, you will be responsible for working cross-functionally to execute strategic initiatives, improve processes, and drive internal high-impact projects and programs to help drive our growth and scale more effectively.
How You Will Fulfill Your Potential
- Oversee procurement process including identification of new vendors, due diligence, onboarding, legal reviews, and ongoing management
- Key point of contact for inbound counterparty due diligence and onboarding
- Partner with infrastructure and IT teams to manage and streamline internal operational projects. Past examples include vendor migrations and teamwide roll outs
- Identify cost optimization opportunities across vendors and processes
- Support internal strategic processes and initiatives
- Prioritization and management of legal contract review process
- Partner with information security team to manage internal projects
What We’re Looking For
- Bachelor’s degree and/or relevant work experience
- 2+ years of professional work experience in vendor management/procurement, counterparty due diligence requests, project management, or administration
- Self-starter able to thrive in dynamic environments with minimal direction
- Passion for problem solving and optimization of complex processes. Upstream thinker focused on reducing issues before they arise
- Enthusiastic, reliable, and independent self-starter with exceptional interpersonal, communication, organizational, decision making, problem solving, and creative-thinking skills
- Time-management skills with the ability to manage multiple priorities as needed for time-bound deliverables with accuracy and detail-orientation
- Individual contributor who can also collaborate with a team and cultivate strong relationships in person and via email, slack, and video
- Highest level of integrity. Humble but assertive
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, PowerPoint, and Excel)
- Experience at a high-growth technology company
We offer a competitive salary and benefits, the chance to work with a curated team of top-notch, highly creative talent, and a fun and agile work environment with many perks in New York City’s Hudson Yards district, but are operating remotely through at least summer 2021.
SIMON Markets is an award-winning fintech company that is committed to transforming the digital experience for financial professionals, enabling them to better serve their clients. SIMON’s intelligent and innovative platform delivers an end-to-end digital suite of tools to over 100,000 financial professionals, who serve $5 trillion in client assets, empowering them with on-demand education, an intuitive marketplace, real-time analytics, and lifecycle management.
With a focus on reshaping the advisor experience, SIMON is setting new industry standards, simplifying the complex, and delivering structured investment, annuity, and defined outcome ETF solutions to investment professionals, centralized within one unique ecosystem.
Originally incubated within Goldman Sachs, SIMON launched as an independently operating company in December 2018 under the shared ownership and direction of seven leading financial institutions—Barclays, Credit Suisse, Goldman Sachs, HSBC, J.P. Morgan, Prudential, and Wells Fargo. Growth equity firm WestCap became an investor in 2021. The company is headquartered in New York, NY, with an additional location in Birmingham, AL.