Card Expert at Alt
Alt is on a mission to make investing in alternative assets as easy as investing in stocks. We are redefining alternative assets to include new asset classes that have historically been relegated to the territory of hobbyists and collectors, rather than investors. With Alt, we're turning sports cards – and eventually watches, sneakers, and art – into investable assets.
Our investors include VCs such as 776, First Round Capital, BoxGroup, SV Angel as well as notable angels such as the founders of Stripe, Blackrock and Coinbase. Some professional athletes, including Kevin Durant, Larry Fitzgerald, and Tobias Harris all across different sports have also invested in Alt.
Alt is a dedicated equal opportunity employer committed to creating a diverse workforce. We celebrate our differences and strive to create an inclusive environment for all. We are focused on fostering a culture of empowerment which starts with providing our employees with the resources needed to reach their full potential.
As a Card Expert at Alt, you will use your passion and knowledge to support some of Alt’s priority customers and partners. The ideal candidate possesses a deep knowledge of many categories of cards, with baseline knowledge and an interest to learn additional categories. The candidate must understand the investing side of sports cards and have a proven track record investing themselves. Your expertise will be critical to Alt’s continued growth!The impact you will make:
- Provide guidance and expertise to customers about overall investment strategy, single asset acquisition, and portfolio diversification.
- Weigh in on detailed card questions, such as card values, naming discrepancies, history, and trends across many categories of cards.
- Help with sourcing of and finding buyers for specific cards.
- Meet customers to understand their specific goals and develop relationships.
- Deep understanding of how to invest in the card space and overall market trends.
- Broad knowledge across many categories of cards, such as modern sports, vintage sports, TCG, etc. If you do not personally have deep knowledge of all categories, you know where to look for additional expertise.
- Strong presence and reputation in the hobby with a strong track record of building a portfolio. High number of followers (1000+), transactions (200+), and portfolio value ($200,000+).
- Able to source rare cards.
- Enjoys continuing to learn about the hobby and enabling others about it.
- Highly organized with demonstrated attention to detail
- A quick learner, a self-starter, able to work autonomously, and you're willing (and able) to handle the pressures of an increasing level of responsibility.
- Will be required to provide references from others in the hobby with whom you’ve gotten to know or done deals and can speak to your expertise.
- You will be given resources to help grow your personal brand and to position yourself as a thought leader in areas relevant to Alt.
- Ground floor opportunity as an early member of the Alt team; you’ll directly shape the direction of our company. The opportunities for growth are truly limitless.
- An inclusive company culture that is being built intentionally to foster an environment that supports and engages talent in their current and future endeavors.
- Stipend to invest in alternative assets
- 401K, Work from home and Wellness Stipends
- Unlimited vacation policy
- Generous paid parental leave
- Competitive healthcare benefits, including HSA, for you and your dependent(s)