Care Team Manager at Cityblock Health
About Us: #communityhealth
Cityblock Health is the first tech-driven provider for communities with complex needs—bringing better care to where it’s needed most, block by block. Founded in 2017 on the premise that “health is local” and based in Brooklyn, we are backed by Alphabet’s Sidewalk Labs along with some of the top healthcare investors in the country.
Our mission is to improve the health of underserved communities. Importantly, our solutions are designed specifically for Medicaid and lower-income Medicare beneficiaries, and we meet our members where they are, bringing care into the home and neighborhoods through our community-based care teams and Virtual Care offerings.
In close collaboration with community-based organizations, local providers, and leading health plans, we are reorganizing the health system to focus on what matters to our members. Equipped with world-class, custom care delivery technology, we deliver personalized primary care, behavioral health, and social services to deliver a radically better experience of care for every member and community we serve.
Over the next year, we’ll grow quickly to bring better care to many more members and their communities. To do this, we need people who, like us, believe that everyone should have good care for what matters to them, in their community.
Our work is grounded in a belief in the power of a diverse community. To close gaps in care and advance equity in the communities we serve, we have to start with making our own team diverse and inclusive. Our ways of working are characterized by creativity, collaboration, and mutual learning that comes from bringing together a community from diverse backgrounds and perspectives. We strive to ensure that every person on the Cityblock team, and every Cityblock member, feels supported and included as a part of our community.
- Aim for Understanding
- Be All In
- Bring Your Whole Self
- Lean Into Discomfort
- Put Members First
About our Team:
We employ a field-based, home-based care model and are committed to meeting members where they are--in their homes, in their community, and in our Hubs. You will go above and beyond to connect with Cityblock members in a non-judgmental, respectful and empathic manner, to meet their needs, and to provide feedback to the system as a whole as we strive to do better every day.
About the Role:
In this role you will manage several (2-4) Cityblock Care Teams. You will be the direct supervisor for the Care Team Leads, who manage those Care Teams, and you will be accountable for the Care Teams’ performance. You will provide guidance and daily direction to enable the Care Teams to provide direct service to Cityblock members as part of our innovative care model, designed to address the complex health and social challenges of high-risk, high-need populations living in urban neighborhoods. It is integral to our care model that we meet people where they are, both physically and emotionally. Given this, your work will take you outside the traditional boundaries of healthcare to provide care in settings that work best for our members.
Reporting to the Operations Director, you will manage the Care Team Leads who lead the day to day functions of a care team made up of Community Health Partners (CHPs), Behavioral Health Specialists and Nurse Care Managers. You will help the Care Teams meet their targets which will be set by the NY Market Leadership team on a quarterly basis.
- Provide supervision and leadership for several (2-4) Care Team Leads supporting them in meeting their expectations.
- Work 1:1 to support any Care Team that are struggling to meet their targets.
- Based on your deep understanding of the Care Teams, partner with the operations team to proactively raise barriers and provide input and feedback on upcoming initiatives.
- Be accountable for the performance of these Care Teams to include performance on key metrics and team development.
- Manage quality of Community Health team’s documentation including, maintaining documentation and member management standards and partnering with the Care Team Leads to ensure quality improvement.
- Lead by example, providing guidance, coaching, and training around engagement, care planning, and longitudinal care.
- Model how to foster lasting and trusting relationships by doing so with your team and your members.
- Act as a point person for the members on your team’s panels; co-visit members with CHPs, provide assistance in crises, etc.
- Support your team to work with members longitudinally to achieve their goals and identify new needs.
- Serve as key stakeholder, driver and accountable partner in Care Team strategy. You will help the Market and Hub Operations teams see around corners of new initiatives, support heavily with change management, work with leads to implement the new initiatives and be accountable for their results
- Coach your team to go above and beyond to connect with people in a non-judgmental, respectful and empathic manner, to meet their needs, and to provide feedback to the system as a whole as we strive to do better every day.
- Help provide crisis intervention for high risk member needs as they arise, thinking creatively to meet them where they are.
- Work daily within our custom-built care facilitation platform, Commons, which will enable you to collect data, organize information, track tasks, and communicate with staff, patients, and family. This platform is built for a mobile workforce, and you will field-test our technology, provide feedback to the product development team, and, over time, become part of a super-user group to assist in onboarding and supporting others.
Requirements for the Role:
- You have experience providing supervision to social workers, community health workers, or care coordinators.
- You have experience successfully leading teams to meet their goals.
- You have direct experience supporting at-risk populations with complex needs.
- You are an independent self-starter, a leader, and a strategic thinker who is excited about the big picture of whole community health, and the ongoing evaluation and iteration of our care model.
- You are an experienced manager with a track record of good management judgement.
- You are excited about how technology can support your work and help drive the ongoing evaluation toward new, better, care.
- You can accommodate a full time schedule as well as participate in on call and Saturday coverage rotation.
- Training in Motivational Interviewing and Conflict Resolution
- Familiarity with community resources and social benefits
How We Define Success:
- Manage several (2-4) Care Teams that meet the identified metric targets of a given market
- Proactive problem solver who raises potential issues with a proposal.
- Fiercely prioritize highly collaborative member care with examples to back it up.
- People manager with a track record of coaching, and performance managing the Care Teams.
- Demonstrated dedication to leading through inclusion within your team
Nice to Have, But Not Required:
- LICSW, RN, PsyD, PhD, or MPH license
- Direct familiarity with clinical settings
- Training in problem-solving therapy
- Multi-lingual and bicultural
What We’d Like From You:
- A resume and/or LinkedIn profile
- A short cover letter, please!
Cityblock values diversity as a core tenet of the work we do and the populations we serve. We are an equal opportunity employer, indiscriminate of race, religion, ethnicity, national origin, citizenship, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, veteran status, disability, genetic information, or any other protected characteristic.
We do not accept unsolicited resumes from outside recruiters/placement agencies. Cityblock will not pay fees associated with resumes presented through unsolicited means.
Covid 19 Update - Please Read: