Transfix is a leading online freight marketplace that is on a mission to eliminate waste and inefficiency in the $600 billion trucking industry. Every year, 65 billion empty miles are driven by trucks in the U.S. and companies are spending excess time, resources and money arranging for the transportation of their goods. Transfix is on a path to solve these problems by dynamically matching shipments from Fortune 500 companies with available trucks. By partnering with both sides of the marketplace we are able to lower the cost and increase the reliability for every shipment.
Based in New York City, Transfix is backed by top VC firms in NYC and San Francisco including New Enterprise Associates (NEA), Canvas Ventures, and Lerer Hippeau. The company has raised more than $78.5 million in funding.
The problems we solve everyday are real and require creativity, grit, and determination. We are building a culture that challenges norms while fostering experimentation and personal growth. We're hiring team members who are passionate and are energized by the vision to simplify and transform one of the largest and most complex industries through technology, data and a strong commitment to customers.
As a Carrier Manager, you play a key role in helping Transfix achieve its ambitious goals by serving as the liaison between our carriers and the rest of the business.
If you are excited about tackling challenges to improve the lives of truckers and shippers across the country and reinventing an industry from the inside out, send us your resume.
What you'll do:
- Work the weekend shift, Friday - Monday.
- Source and manage carrier relationships in line with the needs of our customers
- Train new carriers and drivers on how to use our product and improve their performance
- Utilize negotiation skills to ensure we’re moving freight at the optimal cost
- Collaborate with key carriers to help them grow their businesses with Transfix
- Partner with customer experience to manage any issues that come up during the operation of the freight
- Innovate and refine operational processes to enable team growth and efficiency
- You are available to work Friday - Monday, while taking Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday off.
- You have 1-2 years of experience in account management, sales, or customer support
- You are analytical, a critical thinker, and love solving complex problems
- You possess excellent interpersonal and negotiation skills that you use to collaborate across a wide variety of partners & stakeholders
- You are organized, and manage your time efficiently
- You have strong internal and external communication skills including verbal, written, presentation, and active listening
- You have a Bachelor’s degree (or equivalent work experience)
To all recruitment agencies: Transfix does not accept unsolicited agency resumes and will not be held responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.