Transfix is changing the way companies view their supply chain. We are an award winning, recognized market and technology leader in the full truckload (FTL) market, which is a $420 billion market each year in the U.S. alone. We eliminate waste and solve inefficiencies through a deep understanding of the dynamics that exist today for the world's leading shippers and the millions of carriers and drivers that move their goods. We identify blind spots where data can fundamentally transform the way shippers and carriers work together, and we reduce the amount of “empty miles” driven by truckers with algorithms that match freight with trucks based on location in realtime. Our solution yields significant savings for shippers and increased pay for truck drivers. Ultimately, our mission is simple: to improve the lives of both shippers and carriers by creating a more efficient, transparent platform by which a product can be moved from anywhere to everywhere at anytime.
The problems we solve everyday are real and require creativity, grit, and determination. The culture we're building is one where we challenge the norms of the industry. The team we have is built on the foundation of personal growth, collaboration and experimentation.
Launched in August 2013, we have raised $78.5M in capital and are backed by top VC firms in NYC and San Francisco including, New Enterprise Associates (NEA), Canvas Ventures, Lerer Hippeau Ventures, Corigin Ventures, Founder Collective and Bowery Capital. We are headquartered in New York City.
As a Carrier Manager, you play a key role in helping Transfix achieve its ambitious goals by serving as the liaison between our carriers and the rest of the business.
What you'll do:
- Work the weekend shift, Friday - Monday.
- Source and manage carrier relationships in line with the needs of our customers
- Train new carriers and drivers on how to use our product and improve their performance
- Utilize negotiation skills to ensure we’re moving freight at the optimal cost
- Collaborate with key carriers to help them grow their businesses with Transfix
- Partner with customer experience to manage any issues that come up during the operation of the freight
- Innovate and refine operational processes to enable team growth and efficiency
- You are available to work Friday - Monday, while taking Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday off.
- You have 1-2 years of experience in account management, sales, or customer support
- You are analytical, a critical thinker, and love solving complex problems
- You possess excellent interpersonal and negotiation skills that you use to collaborate across a wide variety of partners & stakeholders
- You are organized, and manage your time efficiently
- You have strong internal and external communication skills including verbal, written, presentation, and active listening
- You have a Bachelor’s degree (or equivalent work experience)
To all recruitment agencies: Transfix does not accept unsolicited agency resumes and will not be held responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.