Case Management Associate - Advanced Planning at Policygenius
Want to help people get the financial protection they need — and feel confident in their choices? Policygenius is a NYC-based tech startup that makes it easy to compare and buy all types of insurance online. Since 2014, we’ve become the nation's leading insurance marketplace, raising over $52 million of venture capital and helping more than 5 million people get vital coverage for their families.
We're growing rapidly and looking for people with grit, great attitudes and creative problem-solving skills to join our powerhouse team. Come see why we’ve been voted one of INC's best workplaces two years in a row!
About Advanced Planning at Pg…
Remember the Mighty Ducks movies (one or two, we all forgot about three…)? Remember how they would take on insurmountable odds, but always used their teamwork to overcome their bigger, tougher opponents? That’s advanced planning at Policygenius.
Our Advanced Planning team takes on the challenge of selling and fulfilling products that are traditionally hard to place in the insurance industry, such as disability and whole life insurance. Our Sales Associates and Case Management Associates work side by side to answer tough questions and give advice on how the pieces of a financial plan fit together with insurance. The team works as a unit to help our users find the best protection out there and support them as they move through the underwriting process and place their new policy. As a Case Management Associate, you would report into the Disability Insurance Sales Manager and be part of a close-knit team that learns on the go and takes on any challenge. Come join our Flying V!!!
- Review and send insurance applications and policies to our clients
- Coordinate with with our brokers and carriers to efficiently communicate our client’s needs
- Conduct regular client follow-up and check-ins on outstanding applications, exams, financial documents, and phone interviews
- Prepare disability and whole life insurance illustrations and support in-force policy servicing and maintenance as needed
- Adhere to team norms and policies and meet quality standards and service level agreements (SLAs) in your daily work
- Contribute toward team goals and support onboarding of new team members as required
- Provide actionable feedback from clients to drive process and product improvements
- Functional knowledge of and 1+ years work experience in financial planning
- A service mindset and passion for helping clients
- Honesty & integrity – you do not cut corners ethically and can be trusted to do the right thing for clients and for the team
- A positive attitude and desire to be apart of a team where you can take ownership of your work AND your team's success
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Self management, attention to detail, and the ability to prioritize workflows
- A bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience
- A deep appreciation for the power of a well-placed gif
- Mastered the knuckle-puck shot
- Company-paid health, dental, vision, life & disability insurance
- 401(k) plan, FSA & commuter benefits
- Flexible PTO
- Training, mentorship and coaching from leadership
- The opportunity to grow alongside a company shaking up a big, old-fashioned industry
- Fun, diverse, open-minded coworkers
- Dog companionship
- Some fun surprises when you join… (Shhh… It’s a secret!)