Case Management Associate - Life Insurance
Want to help people get the financial protection they need — and feel confident in their choices? Policygenius is a NYC-based tech startup that makes it easy to compare and buy insurance online. Since 2014, we’ve raised over $52 million of venture capital, established ourselves as a pioneer in Fintech and helped more than 4.5 million people get vital coverage for their families.
We're rapidly growing and looking for people with grit, great attitudes and creative problem-solving skills to join our powerhouse team. Come see why we were voted one of INC's best workplaces of 2018!
About Case Management at Pg…
Our Case Management and Sales Associate teams work side by side to provide an easy and seamless experience for clients applying for life insurance. As we like to put it: they’re bread and butter. Ying and Yang. Case Management and Sales Associates... You get the picture.
Supported by advanced technology platforms, internal counterparts, outside vendors, and, of course, insurance carriers themselves, the team aims to ensure that there are no bumps in the road throughout the process from submission of initial application through to offer.
- Own and manage an individual caseload of in-process life insurance applications, from submission to carrier through to approval
- Carry out regular case review and hastily follow up on all outstanding case requirements
- Create and send new life insurance applications to clients via varying carrier processes
- Receive and review new life insurance applications for missing information prior to submission to the insurance carrier
- Coordinate with appropriate carriers and vendors to schedule, reschedule, and track insurance exams and phone interviews
- Request all supplementary underwriting requirements from clients via electronic communication
- Order and review underwriting requirements including Attending Physician Statements, supplemental forms and other medical requirements for submission to the insurance carrier
- Take initiative to review other than applied for offers (AOTAs) to determine if better options exist for our customers
- Master all carrier workflows, application and underwriting processes and software systems necessary to carry out your responsibilities
- Collaborate with other operations teams (sales, customer service, customer success, and quality assurance) to ensure a seamless and transparent customer experience
- 2+ years work experience in term life insurance case management, service or sales (underwriting experience a plus) and bachelor’s degree preferred
- Capacity to organize and prioritize workload to ensure each case is processed, issued, and placed in a timely manner
- Ability to communicate consistently, precisely and professionally in both verbal and written communication with internal and external customers alike
- Superb attention to detail, a positive attitude, effective problem-solving skills and passion for helping clients
- Honesty & integrity – you do not cut corners ethically and can be trusted to do the right thing for clients and for the team
- A teamwork mindset – you take ownership of your work AND your team's success
- A deep appreciation for the power of a well-placed gif
- Company-paid health, dental, vision, life & disability insurance
- 401(k) plan, FSA & commuter benefits
- Flexible PTO
- Training, mentorship and coaching from leadership
- The opportunity to grow alongside a company shaking up a big, old-fashioned industry
- Fun, diverse, open-minded coworkers
- Dog companionship
- Some fun surprises when you join… (Shhh… It’s a secret!)