Case Management Coordination at Policygenius…
Our Case Management Coordination team helps create a seamless client experience by helping the applicant sign their application and complete their medical exam for all of our life insurance applicants. Supported by advanced technology platforms, internal counterparts, outside vendors, and, of course, insurance carriers themselves, the team aims to ensure that there are no bumps in the road throughout the process from submission of initial application through to offer.
In this role, you will...
- Become a licensed expert on our term life insurance products through independent onsite training and cross-team collaboration
- Own and manage an individual caseload of in-process life insurance applications, beginning with coordinating applicants in scheduling their life insurance medical exam and continuing to assist the client until they enter underwriting.
- Ensure a seamless and transparent customer experience with regular status updates and an emphasis on customer retention via phone, email, and SMS
- Address customers’ questions about the life insurance buying process to include the application and medical exam
- Call applicants during various points of the Sign & Exam process to ease friction points
- Master all application and exam workflows and software systems necessary to carry out your responsibilities
- Continuously review the best carrier options to get the customer the most suitable coverage at the most affordable price.
- Collaborate on cross-functional projects with other operations teams (sales, customer service, customer success, and quality assurance) to ensure a seamless and transparent customer experience and improve our processes
We’d love to hear from you if...
- You have 2+ years of client facing work experience and Bachelor’s degree preferred.
- You’re interested in learning the life insurance industry and problem solving with third party vendors
- You can organize and prioritize your workload to ensure each case obtains an application signature and scheduled medical exam in a timely manner
- Ability to communicate consistently, precisely and professionally in both verbal and written communication with internal and external customers alike
- Superb attention to detail, a positive attitude, effective problem-solving skills and passion for helping clients
- You're comfortable getting licensed in life insurance for this position
Our operating hours are 8am - 6pm EST, Monday through Friday so you have the opportunity to work a few different flexible shifts as well as the opportunity for overtime! Saturday & Sunday shifts are offered as part of standard overtime. We offer bonuses to those who qualify.
You can expect...
- Company-paid health, dental, vision, life & disability insurance
- 401(k) plan, FSA & commuter benefits
- Generous PTO
- Training, mentorship and coaching from leadership
- The opportunity to grow alongside a company shaking up a big, old-fashioned industry
- Fun, diverse, open-minded coworkers
Policygenius is America's leading online insurance marketplace. We launched in 2014 and made our mark as an early insurtech pioneer. Our mission is to help people get financial protection right — and feel good about it — and we make it easy for our customers to understand their options, compare quotes, and buy insurance, all in one place. We’ve helped more than 30 million people shop for all types of insurance like they shop for everything else — online — and have placed over $60 billion in coverage. In early 2020, we announced our Series D funding round of $100 million, bringing our total funding to just over $150 million.
At Policygenius, we’re proud of building an environment that encourages our teammates to bring their authentic selves to work. Despite rapid growth (we’ve doubled in size year over year!), we’ve continuously maintained our inclusive culture through humility, hard-work, and humor, and we're looking for more people with grit, collaborative attitudes, and creative problem-solving skills to join our team. Come see why we’ve been voted one of Inc. Magazine's "Best Workplaces" three years in a row!
Diversity at Policygenius
Policygenius believes differences should be celebrated and is committed to building a team as diverse as the customers we serve. We welcome different perspectives and opinions to foster innovation, authenticity, and excellence across all parts of our company, and are committed to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment.
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, Policygenius highly encourages applicants from all walks of life. All employment decisions at Policygenius are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications without regard to actual or perceived race, color, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, national origin, political affiliation or belief, religion, disability, uniformed service, marital status or any other status protected by law.
Come join the team!